Each series came with a little booklet, which helped to trace the Soprano blood relatives for the VHS. I have seasons 1-5 on VHS, and they do give some background on the crime family. Season 1 had the info about Sasso's failing, John Soprano and Johnny Sac had been in business together since the mid 1980s, and Corrado having connections with the Teresa family. DiMeo family had maintained friendships with the Mangano family since Dom created the family since 1950s and Curto or Barese crew maintained that connection, but we never see it throughout the show.

The first two seasons on DVD had some more info and both FBI files on them had a lot of hilarious notes on the Sopranos.

Frank DiNapoli? Are you talking about Frank up in Boston who has the oxygen mask on. That is the only person I can think of unless I missed the reference somewhere through the series.

Tony B and Manna where in the same crew. Robert had a hard time remembering his lines in season 5, so Chase had to write him off and take the story in a different direction. Tony B didn't start killing for Angelo until after Manna was sent to prison.

One thing about the show, is that they leave off on a bunch of things that are never told what the outcome was or what happened to certain things and people.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green