Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
Cabrini is right. There only 2 faction: the old scarfo guys that made their time and want to stay out of jail and make money the others are the Merlino loyalist survived to the war with Stanfa.

That doesn't seem to be what he said, but I could be wrong. I think Anastasia and Shratenweiser are right in that there are four factions. However people seem to be misinterpreting the term faction as meaning that they're all against each other. Which I don't think is the case. For one, I think Ligambi is still the official acting boss, since his last trial, he's been trying to stay out of prison and is rarely seen with the other guys outside of holiday functions. When it's said he has his own faction, I assume that as simply meaning he's closest to his nephew and only meets with his nephew, and his nephew Borgesi, is the constant link between Ligambi and the Merlino/Mazzone camp. Thats one "faction" or "crew", Ligambi and Borgesi, in a sense. They ARENT at war with Merlino & Mazzone, they ARENT beefing, and they happily co-exist with Borgesi being the visible guy who meets with everyone, in place of Ligambi, while Ligambi continues to keep a low profile. Almost like Ligambis front boss, but without the actual title. Merlino/Mazzone camp, is another "faction" or "crew", a lot of them are commonly seen at Borgesi's clubhouse, which also symbolizes Borgesi's new significance. And through Borgesi, Uncle Joe keeps informed. You have one group of Scarfo guys, under Joe Pung, flipping houses and apartment complexes and what not. That's three, and then you have Phil Narducci and 10th & O which has been misidentified as a "faction/Crew" under the Philly Mob. I dont think thats the case, hes out by himself with those guys. If anything the other Scarfo guys are either under the other Pung brother or Frank Narducci, or simply under Joe Pung as well.

I think theres a real possibility that there are four "factions/crews". But in my personal opinion from what I've seen and read, I'd say realistically theres only three. Thats if you count Ligambi and the fact that he only seems to meet on a regular basis with Borgesi, as those two and those under Borgesi, like former Stanfa bodyguard Vince Filipelli, as being their own crew. You dont hear about those guys, because everyone is doing their own thing and are happy doing things that way.

And Chickie Ciangaglini is happy being with his family reportedly, his real family, and only moderates on occasion. I don't think he's in a real position of power amongst the admin out of that, nor does he want to be. He's like what Joe Gallo was in the Gotti movie, or Junior Soprano, his counsel is sought when it's needed. Other than that he's coolin'.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 02/27/16 10:17 AM.