Originally Posted By: BlueEyes
Ever seen the movie 'American Me' ? features the beginning of La Eme/Mexican Mafia and their struggle with Jack Dragna, who poisened all the dope an killed a lot of hoods. I wonder if the LA family at one point controlled everything in LA until their decline like the Movie predicts.

I'm not sure who the Italian boss was supposed to be in the movie but Dragna died in 1956. La Eme was officially founded a year later. I'm not sure how much interaction the LA family and the Mexicans ever had.

Originally Posted By: BlueEyes
I dunno if you guys agree but I think that the Major gambling, bookmaking and so on crimes that takes place in California is controlled by the Russian Mob.

The last few big sports betting busts in California were the Macho Sports bust in 2013 (headed by some Peruvian guys but also had some Hispanics, whites, Asians, and Middle Easterners involved), another in 2015 that was headed by a guy from India and some whites (Irani), and another that was headed by David "Fat Dave" Stroj who had actually been caught up in Philadelphia mob "Delco Nostra" gambling case back in 2008. There were a variety of nationalities in these cases.

There was that Russian mob gambling case in 2013 that involved both high stakes poker games and sports betting in both New York and Los Angeles. This was the same operation that reports came out earlier in 2011 talking about poker games in LA that attracted a lot of celebrity players. Supposedly they ended in 2009 and the operation relocated to NY. Relatively speaking, Russian and other Eurasian crime groups aren't as involved in gambling as they are in fraud or some other crimes.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 02/25/16 01:56 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.