Originally Posted By: getthesenets

So far the public has spoken. They have responded to Trump and reasoning, debate, logic has gone out of the window.
It's the political climate that both parties have helped create though. Just biting Rep.s in the butt now.

There are legitimate criticisms of the Obama administration and a candidate who wanted to convince moderates of those shortcomings and how the country needs to shift in the other direction, might have a chance.

If you follow American politics, media (and even read some of the posts through the years here and on American web forums) you will see insults rather than discussions. You will read people outright dismissing the opinions of those who have different beliefs. My view has always been that if you are truly convinced that your view is the "correct" one, you can craft arguments defending it, but that's me. In 2016, people are more comfortable repeating what their favorite media outlet tells them and using their code words and slogans.

It's entertaining, doesn't help win elections though.

+1

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life