Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121
I'm not even so sure DiFronzo is even official boss anymore Ivy. He is said to be losing his mind. Unless they kept him there in name only out of respect. But I really dont think he is calling any shots anymore.

That's why I said if you look over the past decade. DiFronzo may indeed no longer be boss, just as neither Marcello or Sarno are acting bosses now.

Originally Posted By: BlueEyes

The traditional-style with the bloody burning picture ceremony started with Aiuppa and ended with Marcello I think. I don't picture Chicago still going old school, and not alot but some of their members are still foreign/Jewish.

Ivy, do you know what crew is still active and who's who in charge of what?

I suppose a good argument can be made that the blood and fire ceremony started in the Aiuppa era but I dont know if it's ended. The Outfit has made members since the last known ceremony in the early 1980's. And we can't call anyone who is Jewish or otherwise non-Italian a "member" because they're not.

I think you may have at most the same 4 crews that were mentioned back in 2007 - Elmwood Park, Grand Avenue, Melrose Park, and 26th Street. But who specifically is running them is harder to identify, at least as far as official info or other news beyond forum speculation. It does seem to be common consensus that Albert Vena oversees Grand Avenue. And I've seen nothing to suggest Frank Caruso Jr doesn't still oversee 26th Street. I see names get thrown around but it's not as clear to me regarding Elmwood Park and Melrose Park. Or an overall administration for that matter. I'm content to wait for more solid info.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.