Instead of feuding with New York (NY would never start a war against something as simple as NJ over something so little, worst case Tony would've got whacked by his own on orders of the Commission)

It would've been more realistic if not likely that an internal war broke out into two factions; The Soprano Faction and the Aprile Faction

Aprile Faction would have gotten supported by Lupertazzis, but the other NY families may have been against them, supportin the Official boss.

Soprano Faction would have had no choice but to either cozy up with the other families, most likely Philadelphia.

Aprile Faction would have consisted of

Richie Aprile 'Boss(Not murdered by Tonys ugly sister)
Ralph Cifaretto
Jackie Aprile and his youngsters
and others I dont care to name.

What would've been interesting is seeing the Sopranos on the losing side, until say Paulie picks up Jackie Jr. and talks him into murdering Richie.

The murder goes through, Jackie gets Chris's position and grows up.
Tony gets indicted because of the war and the police attention, or whacked out by Phil Leotardo. In this cenario, Leotardo is not murdered by the NJ Mob. Because that is unlikely.

The New head of the DiMeo Crime Family would be

Boss - Patsy Parisi (would be Larry but he's under house arrest)
Underboss - Paulie Gualtieri (what position these two would have can be debated)

Consigliere - vacant / Silvio / Larry Barese

Capos;

Paulies nephew Paulie Germani
Jackie Aprile
Barese
Benny Fazio

Soldiers (known)

Pat Blundetto - retired
Giuseppe Scerbo - retired
Belfiore
Mulmur Zancone
Dante Greco
and probably some of Jackie's hoods.

The positions of made guys and capo may vary a little seeing there is 30+ members seen through the series who might have gone upped and or whacked by the winning faction.

Whaddaya guys think?

''Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but then again the bible says to love thy enemy.'' - Frank Sinatra

''Oh, I just wish someone would try to hurt you so I could kill them for you.''