I would have to see a link on the HA connects to cartels; In the 90s to 2000s I mean......

I don't think that's right, actually I'm positive. If they had the streets and the dope, they woulda never needed an alliance with the mafia, what would have been the point? Also, and I don't mean to stereotype them all, but what would they even do? Ride up to a Colombian paramilitary on a bike and negotiate? These mafia connects in South America go back decades, and that's where you had go to negotiate a 5000 kilo load. (This is, like, a transitional period, before the Mexicans totally took over)Are you sure the HA imported it? That would be interesting....

Remember that guy, that Rizzuto guy, Oreste Pagano, I think?
He arranged a 5000 kilo load in the late 90s. I just never heard of the HA having those connects. They appeared more like, the Naples NCO, or the GDs in Chicago in the 90s, organizations with huge memberships, thus a huge street pressence, but you have to maintain this with violence, which is always unsustainable.

@Sonny
That's really a point I've been trying to make for awhile now, the differences between the two types of organizations, (Enterprise vs Power syndicate) and that they are really hard to compare, but it falls on deaf ears often...

@Azure
I wasn't so much speaking on sophistication, more on the fact that the HA source of power, is violence in the street, and control of territory, rather than control of the narcotics supply, understand I NEVER heard of HA controlling the supply, it was always Rizzutos and the Siderno group, the HA controlled WHO got to sell WHAT, and WHERE they sell it, and WHEN. That's what got em a seat at the table.

Now having said all that, I do think it's very LIKELY that the HA would have a direct line to one of the Cartels today. See this is a question I BEEEEN asking people, If Ndrangheta controls the European Coke trade, and Mexico controls the NA Coke trade, where does that leave the Rizzutos? An organization whose power was based on them being the preeminent Italian suppliers of Coke this side of the world. It would make sense that Sinaloa would sell direct to them, like I said, what's the point of Rizzuto middlemen in 2016?
The HA might be stronger in Montreal today than the Rizzutos, not sure, but it could be very possible, any thoughts??

Last edited by CabriniGreen; 02/05/16 04:42 AM.