Sure, not every HA member is a millionaire, but there are many who are. Just as not every Sidernese mobster in the GTA or every Rizzuto is a millionaire either. I mean, look at the Acardi? Shakedown of a coffee shop, definitely something I'd expect more from a common street hoodlum, not a wealthy supposed mafia boss. I would definitely say that membership across the two groups in question would be relatively representative of Canadian society in general, if not skewed toward the upper end of it.

Ha do have political links as well, there are several instances of lobbyists, mayors and even high level judicial authorities being very closely associated with different chapters. For quite some time the head of the provincial biker squad in Quebec was taking multi hundred thousand dollar pay offs fr the Nomads.

They also did have links to Colombian cartels in the 90s/early 2000s. That affiliation has obviously now switched to the Sinaloa cartel given the latter groups domination of cocaine exports to north America. I can think of at least three relatively recent large busts which feature Hells Angels groups directly importing cocaine from Sinaloa cartel in Canada. The Amero operation, who supplied this particular group mentioned in this news article being one of them. If you want to go back a decade, there was also multi hundred million dollar western wind bust in BC. Something like 5000 lbs of cocaine being transported from Colombia directly to a prominent BC Hells Angels chapter.

Ivy, three regions in Canada come to mind when discussing Italian oc in Canada, Montreal, Hamilton and the base GTA region, is Toronto and Woodbridge. Even if you consider the Rizzuto group to be "higher up" and "more sophisticated" in Montreal, would you really argue the same for the other two regions ? I'd love to see the supposed sophistication of the Commissos or the Luppino group or even the Musitanos.