Originally Posted By: Louiebynochi
http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2011/06/24/organized-crime-in-detroit-forgotten-but-not-gone/

Article from 2011 on the Detroit mob
I know Ivy .CBS and the Detroit FBI know less about the current state of the Detroit mob than you.

Nice try, louie. First, we've all seen that article. Most of the info came from Scott who, as we know, hasn't exactly been able to make his mind up when it comes to Detroit membership. In his own book, Motor City Mafia, he cited 25 members. But his later charts on the RD forum showed anywhere from 30 to almost 60. This 2011 article cites 40-50 members. Anyone who believes Detroit has anywhere near that many today is simply ignorant or going on wishful thinking.

Also notice how much of that article is from the past. The last "big" case it cites, and which I've mentioned, is that 2006 glorified gambling bust. A few other small, peripheral gambling busts - the likes of which we've seen in Pittsburgh or Kansas City in recent years and nobody is claiming there's still a family there that's "alive, well, and racketeering."

Look Huey...er...I mean Louie. If you want to believe the Detroit mob is still churning along at a high level, go ahead. But the last 10-15 years really hasn't shown that. And guess what? You're going to disappointed over the next 10-15 years too.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.