Originally Posted By: gangstereport
what i cant understand with you ivy and sonny is why it can be seen in the middle?

i never said and i dont think anyone on here believes they have 40 made guys with mythical ability to survive prosecution. But if you do look back in history they have been very good at surviving prosecution but your right the lack of mob cases does suggest a family in decline. The FBI say it is a viable but then there is a lack of cases your right ivy

maybe your right as well ivy scott is a bullshitter he does not get paid through his site but he could be exaggerating to get more attention. Then again jerry capeci allowed him to write on his gangland site so jerry does not see him as a lier. I personally enjoy his site do i take everything he says as fact? no i do not

could you see it possible ivy and sonny that there is LCN in detroit with around 20-25 made guys a small tight knit leadership a family who is getting older with a hierarchy i know of a couple of young guys neither made but your right ivy they are in decline. I think that is a likely situation in this family. There is a argument ivy like you said in one of your earlier posts for both points and as you said its why mob experts are at disagreement.

we can all agree that they are a very interesting family

Originally Posted By: Ivyleague

See what I said above about people being justified in still including Detroit among the remaining viable families as long as the image they have of the family has some basis in demonstrable fact.

I don't think Scott is a bullshitter or intentionally misleads. I do think he's been sloppy at times, slow to admit he's guessing on a lot of stuff, and quick to take liberties with slapping labels on guys and overstating the position of the family. It's a common thing one sees with mob authors and their subject. See The Sixth Family by Humphreys and Lamothe or Gangbusters by Volkman, for example.

Lastly, considering where the membership was 15-20 years ago, and how many members have died over that period, I'd honestly be surprised if the family even has 20-25 members at this point.

ivy i agree with you here i did not read above what you said about there being a argument for the mob. I would personally say between 20-25 but like you said it could be below that. If within the next 4 5 years no real indictment or info on this family i will change my view on this family but like you said for now there is a argument like you said for there viability three cases since 2006 but small cases really like you said ivy points for both. Also i can understand your view on scott not saying i agree with it but i can understand it.

like mightyhealthy said lets just end this argument guys this goes for myself ivy sonny cabrini and blackjack this is getting repeated and face the facts guys no one is going to change there minds and for a couple of guys here not mentioning names i just think are using this to take shots at each other.

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion