Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
My last few thought on an interesting debate;

1. I just really wanted to be sure we weren't maintaining any double standards on this one. Law enforcement was made the preeminent source for info regarding LCN and mob activities. My feeling was if the Feds say there is a viable family, 30 or so guys, 4 crews, and an administration, largely confined to gambling, I say okay, so what? That's why the argument confuses me a little, you guys are saying absolutely not, its Impossible? If the FBI info is obsolete, then I guess you would have a point..... Just to clarify, is it? These charts are Burnsteins and NOT the Feds, right? And he has an agenda? To like sell books or something? Or his website? That's what you guys are saying it seems.....

2. I also think a sole focus on made guys, like I said, can be deceptive. I've made note of the similarities with Detroits family and some of the ones in Italy. I'm just hesitant to compare them with a NY family, structure wise, when it's like apples and oranges. Take Sicily, they got over a hundred families, some of em like 20-30 guys. I would bet 95% probably wouldn't measure up to a comparison to something like a NY family, or meet the definition of viable, but they are still families? I guess.....

The funny thing is, Ivy is doing exactly what he so often accuses everyone else he "debates" with. Pick and choosing the information that supports his argument. You can't say, well I believe law enforcement about THIS but not about THIS because it doesnt fit the horn I have been tooting.