Ivy tho I defer to your research and knowledge I thinke you are overlooking the current status of Detroit itself as a reason why there havent been any mob cases and thus u claim theyre not a viable or powerful family.

So we agree Detroit is in ruins right? The local mob is likely #55 on the priority list of local and state law enforcement. The city declared bankruptcy, the police force was almost cut in half, and the major crimes they have focused on are violent street crime, homicides(not mob), rampant drug gangs, poverty, and unemployment twice the national average. You have to concede that the city and the state is focused on saving this important midwest city that was the symbol of the American industrial revolution right? Please dont come back with wheres my source for this bc I dont need one its been all over national news since 2010.

Also, prior to this mayor the last 5 were convicted corruption. Couple with that you have a local mafia that is way more tight knit than any other family in the US, more intermarried than any other and has only had 1 made member flip in 100 years.

Take all that into account and add that the family has a fully functioning admin w 3-4 crews and anywhere from 25-50 made members depending on who you believe. Adding all the major problems w a city that declared bankruptcy and far greater things to focus on than the local mafia and imo u have your reasons why their havent been any cases..NOT the family isnt active, viable, and powerful..

Sivio dante said it best certain aspects of show business and our thing have traditionally been recession proof. Look at history, the feds ignored the mob and allowed it to grow for 40 yrs while focusing on communism, bank robbers etc..why in a much smaller scale cant that be the case with the Detroit mafia?

Id like to hear yours or anyones response and please omit the wheres your source bullshit bc im an informed person that reads and everything I said is accurate...imo the detroit mob is quietly doing well bc theyre inter married tight knit, basically no rats to decimate the family, have a full admin, the city and state are allocating resources and attention to rebuilding the city and fighting street crimes (not mob) and whenever a geographic area is a in recessuon gambling and loan sharking increase thats economics, and the city is ripe with corruption always has been

Also- with the city rebuilding and federal and state money and private re-devlopment money coming brings excellent ways for the family to generate alotta income in construction, gsrbage, and unions..and they have capable earners in the legit world like their ub priziola(I think is his name) who sold his company for 50 mil, idc who u are thats brilliant business sense..

If theres only so much money, resources, public outcry to go around and this citys infrastructure was crumbling why isnt it entirely possible that the mob has been left alone (as evidenced by the lack of cases) and has been allowed to quietly flourish? I mean historically the Det fam was very respected and built into a power by Joe Uno and they never had a donnie brasco, commission case, family secret s or taped ceremony to cripple them? Imo since they've been left alone and they clearly have and other oc writers like Scott who know detroit say they have a viable fam w an admin and 3-4 crews then just bc they havent been indicted lately doesnt mean at all that theyre not strong and quietly powerful? U cannot ignore facts and common sense despite the lack of Detroit Free Press articles..

Again do not say source ivy or anyone just read what I wrote and based on all those factors, history, etc and tell me thats not a very probable reason for a lack of cases and the fact the family may well be doing quietly as good as any other fam outside NY? (Sorry for the long diatribe but imo no ones looked at the historical and real life economic reasons to explain lack of indictments, had to weigh in)

Last edited by mikeyballs211; 01/26/16 02:18 AM.

"No, no, you aint alrite Spyder you got alotta fuckin problems"