I get the impression, louie, that you think copying and pasting all that somehow makes you seem like you know what you're talking about. Nothing you posted is something I haven't seen before. I'm familiar with statements by law enforcement and OC experts that include Detroit among the remaining families, as well as the ones that dont. It's why I've always said there is disagreement when it comes to that family.

What can't be argued, though you're doing your damndest, is that there have really been significant cases in recent years. The 1996 one certainly was but that was 20 years ago now. The next biggest was 2006. That one was a decent sized bookmaking bust, along with loansharking and money laundering through a car dealership. I suppose one could say this is significant by Detroit standards but that only serves to prove my point. There have been some other small cases here and there but nothing that we haven't also seen in the remnants of the mob in Buffalo, Pittsburgh, or Kansas City.

Believe Detroit is big and powerful if you want. But don't look a the cases over the past 15 years to support your view. And, as I keep saying, I'm willing to bet these cases become more and more rare as time goes on. What will you say then?

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.