GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (CleanBandit), 465 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,963
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,674
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,545
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,493
Posts1,061,867
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: detroit LCN in the shadows article 2010 [Re: IvyLeague] #874170
01/29/16 09:50 PM
01/29/16 09:50 PM
Philly Burbs
mikeyballs211 Offline
acting associate
mikeyballs211  Offline
acting associate
Underboss
Philly Burbs
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
They've been dealt a major blow by attrition alone. For those of us who go by demonstrable figures by the feds, and not inflated and ever-changing ones online, there were reportedly 30 members in 2001 - 15 years ago. Since 2000, there's been over 30 members or possible members that have died. Even if they weren't all members, and even if there have been new members made over that time period (which there's been no evidence of), it's obvious that the family's size has been drastically reduced (overly hierarchical and unrealistic forum charts notwithstanding). Couple that with the relatively few mob cases in Detroit, especially significant ones, over that time period and it should be fairly clear what the current state of the family is.

What's more likely? That there aren't many cases because this weakened and rapidly shrinking family just isn't a big priority for law enforcement? Or its some unique case where, to explain the lack of cases, people have to afford it an almost mystical ability to avoid prosecution (something no other family has done)?

It seems those who WANT to believe a certain narrative go with the second scenario, no matter how unlikely. It's why they'll probably still believe it years from now when little in the way of mob cases has continued to be the norm in Detroit.

Sonny- i appreciate the sentiments pal and i feel the same with you and your posts buddy... And its understandable where you're coming from. I agree that your position is likely but i feel that some of the general arguments me and cabrini posed are extremely valid and deserve serious consideration

Ivy - again you are not addressing my arguments or points, you just simply keep going back to the fact of no cases.. Why is it that you cannot at least meet in the middle and consider the social, economic, and law enforcement climate in Detroit as possible factors why their havent been any cases... It's extemporaneous frustrating and i think why others are getting on your case because you refuse to even consider the others side.. I mean i can sure acknowledge where you're coming from with a lack of cases being proof that the family isn't doing so well but yet you aren't able to see that based on the nature of the area, the resources of le etc....

Also ivy your not acknowledging my point that Detroit has had 1 made guy flip and has never had a huge rico case that took down the upper echelons of the admin for lengthy prison sentences...gametax is the only one and Tocco the boss did a little over a year. How can u argue the lack of mob cases is evidence theyre a struggling barely existant family when they have NEVER had many prosecutions and no significant cases and one rat ever. I mean to me theres your explanation as to why LE hasnt had any cases againgst them.. Bc theyre extemly tight knit, largely intermarried and related members who do not flip...

And by me stating this i am in no way affording them mythical status at all. Im not delusional enough to think theyre running a hugely profitable quiet fam that has their hooks in every facet of life in Detroit... I never once said that and to insinuate that is dumb and inaccurate.

But i will say again look at the outfit family secrets case, the commission case, the scarfo/stanfa cases, the gotti takedown, all the columbo cases , and the massino flipping case... Every other family besides detroit has had major rico indictments that took down multiple capos, bosses and decimated crews... Unless i am missing something Detroit NEVER has.. Gametax came close but their main target Tocco was out in a year... Idk how u can ignore the historical fact that they have not been decimated by LE and have had 1 made guy flip... To me thats crucial evidence proving they are a very secretive close knit family that is very hard to take down in larger scale (i know theyve had smaller cases im not dumb)

I know as a whole all mob families influence and power have diminished so please dont pull that bs that im saying theure all powerful. But u take the lack of le success and couple that w my previous agruments about Detroits other street crimes being focused on, the lack of le resources in general which is well documented, the state and govt funds being allocated to rebuild which u have to admit present opportunities for the mob... AND stability of the org that has had what 4 bosses in 100 years.. And compare that to other families and it's pretty clear that these are extremely valid logical explanations for the lack of mob cases and solid arguments as to the family quietly being in pretty good shape

Again ivy address my solid points and for fucks sake dont give cop out answers like im believing what i want or the lack of cases as ur only proof bc i have given u logical explanations for this.. I for one know ur a smart guy and are a genius researcher but im asking u to at least consider these arguments and concede something is possible, itd go a long way trust me.. Not askin u to agree but u dont have to fuckin just stonewall it and throw in little like digs and shit about delusional, fanboy, or believing what i want.. Not tryin to sound douchy but im not some dumb fuck i have a jd and im from philly i dont give a fuck if the detroit fam is 500 strong or comprised solely of fruitcakes..

Also uve mentioned attrition that theyve had like 30 members die since 2000? That number seems ridiculously high and im sure they have made members since then.. Do u have a source for any of that? Im not callin u a liar at wll, i just feel as if that may be inaccurate.. I have no source for to refute this nor do i have a source stating the fams made guys since, but being that they have a fully functioning administration and have 3-4 crews theres no way they havent had at least 2 making ceremonies in 15 years?

"No, no, you aint alrite Spyder you got alotta fuckin problems"
Re: detroit LCN in the shadows article 2010 [Re: mikeyballs211] #874171
01/29/16 09:57 PM
01/29/16 09:57 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: mikeyballs211
They've been dealt a major blow by attrition alone. For those of us who go by demonstrable figures by the feds, and not inflated and ever-changing ones online, there were reportedly 30 members in 2001 - 15 years ago. Since 2000, there's been over 30 members or possible members that have died. Even if they weren't all members, and even if there have been new members made over that time period (which there's been no evidence of), it's obvious that the family's size has been drastically reduced (overly hierarchical and unrealistic forum charts notwithstanding). Couple that with the relatively few mob cases in Detroit, especially significant ones, over that time period and it should be fairly clear what the current state of the family is.

What's more likely? That there aren't many cases because this weakened and rapidly shrinking family just isn't a big priority for law enforcement? Or its some unique case where, to explain the lack of cases, people have to afford it an almost mystical ability to avoid prosecution (something no other family has done)?

It seems those who WANT to believe a certain narrative go with the second scenario, no matter how unlikely. It's why they'll probably still believe it years from now when little in the way of mob cases has continued to be the norm in Detroit.

Sonny- i appreciate the sentiments pal and i feel the same with you and your posts buddy... And its understandable where you're coming from. I agree that your position is likely but i feel that some of the general arguments me and cabrini posed are extremely valid and deserve serious consideration

Ivy - again you are not addressing my arguments or points, you just simply keep going back to the fact of no cases.. Why is it that you cannot at least meet in the middle and consider the social, economic, and law enforcement climate in Detroit as possible factors why their havent been any cases... It's extemporaneous frustrating and i think why others are getting on your case because you refuse to even consider the others side.. I mean i can sure acknowledge where you're coming from with a lack of cases being proof that the family isn't doing so well but yet you aren't able to see that based on the nature of the area, the resources of le etc....

Also ivy your not acknowledging my point that Detroit has had 1 made guy flip and has never had a huge rico case that took down the upper echelons of the admin for lengthy prison sentences...gametax is the only one and Tocco the boss did a little over a year. How can u argue the lack of mob cases is evidence theyre a struggling barely existant family when they have NEVER had many prosecutions and no significant cases and one rat ever. I mean to me theres your explanation as to why LE hasnt had any cases againgst them.. Bc theyre extemly tight knit, largely intermarried and related members who do not flip...

And by me stating this i am in no way affording them mythical status at all. Im not delusional enough to think theyre running a hugely profitable quiet fam that has their hooks in every facet of life in Detroit... I never once said that and to insinuate that is dumb and inaccurate.

But i will say again look at the outfit family secrets case, the commission case, the scarfo/stanfa cases, the gotti takedown, all the columbo cases , and the massino flipping case... Every other family besides detroit has had major rico indictments that took down multiple capos, bosses and decimated crews... Unless i am missing something Detroit NEVER has.. Gametax came close but their main target Tocco was out in a year... Idk how u can ignore the historical fact that they have not been decimated by LE and have had 1 made guy flip... To me thats crucial evidence proving they are a very secretive close knit family that is very hard to take down in larger scale (i know theyve had smaller cases im not dumb)

I know as a whole all mob families influence and power have diminished so please dont pull that bs that im saying theure all powerful. But u take the lack of le success and couple that w my previous agruments about Detroits other street crimes being focused on, the lack of le resources in general which is well documented, the state and govt funds being allocated to rebuild which u have to admit present opportunities for the mob... AND stability of the org that has had what 4 bosses in 100 years.. And compare that to other families and it's pretty clear that these are extremely valid logical explanations for the lack of mob cases and solid arguments as to the family quietly being in pretty good shape

Again ivy address my solid points and for fucks sake dont give cop out answers like im believing what i want or the lack of cases as ur only proof bc i have given u logical explanations for this.. I for one know ur a smart guy and are a genius researcher but im asking u to at least consider these arguments and concede something is possible, itd go a long way trust me.. Not askin u to agree but u dont have to fuckin just stonewall it and throw in little like digs and shit about delusional, fanboy, or believing what i want.. Not tryin to sound douchy but im not some dumb fuck i have a jd and im from philly i dont give a fuck if the detroit fam is 500 strong or comprised solely of fruitcakes..

Also uve mentioned attrition that theyve had like 30 members die since 2000? That number seems ridiculously high and im sure they have made members since then.. Do u have a source for any of that? Im not callin u a liar at wll, i just feel as if that may be inaccurate.. I have no source for to refute this nor do i have a source stating the fams made guys since, but being that they have a fully functioning administration and have 3-4 crews theres no way they havent had at least 2 making ceremonies in 15 years?

i agree with you here mikey as always you have good points

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: detroit LCN in the shadows article 2010 [Re: Louiebynochi] #874172
01/29/16 10:04 PM
01/29/16 10:04 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: detroit LCN in the shadows article 2010 [Re: Louiebynochi] #874173
01/30/16 12:21 AM
01/30/16 12:21 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

The social, economic, and law enforcement climate? I've already said that there have been several non-LCN gambling busts in Detroit in recent years. If there aren't the resources to go after bookies, or if there are bigger priorities, why are these operations getting busted? If the focus is on violent street gangs, cartels, terrorism, or political corruption, why can we go on the Detroit FBI website and see cases against other criminal enterprises? These factors you bring up only go so far and really don't explain away the lack of cases over the long run.

I'm not ignoring the history of cases against Detroit or lack thereof. But at this stage it's largely beside the point. Even if you want to ignore or minimize the indictment factor, you can't ignore the attrition factor. See the list below.

You also need to stop saying they have a fully functioning crew and 3-4 crews like it's established fact. Show me another source that says this but I've already explained why Scott's Internet charts don't cut it. And how is there no way they havent had at least 2 ceremonies in the last 15 years? Even Scott has only said he's heard rumors. But even if we assume they have, it's highly unlikely they have been able to make anywhere near the amount of members who have died over that time period.

Lastly, I suppose it depends on what you consider "pretty good shape." All things taken into consideration, I see a family that some OC experts don't even recognize anymore. A family comparable to Buffalo, which also isn't recognized. A family that has likely been decimated by attrition and what remains doesn't go much beyond bookmaking. A family that essentially has one guy writing about it. A family that, even if we include it on the list of remaining families, would be dead last.

Members/Possible Members who have died since 2000:

Mateo "Mike Bartello" Bartolotta (2003)
Carlo Bommarito (2007)
Anthony "Tony Long" Cimini (2005)
Anthony "Tony the Bull" Corrado (2002)
Michael DiAngelo (2002)
James "Vincent" Galici (2005)
Anthony "Tony Jack" Giacalone (2001)
Anthony "Fat Tony" Giacalone, Jr (2013)
Vito "Billy Jack" Giacolone (2012)
Jack "Jackie G" Gianosa (2003)
Salvatore "Sammy G" Giordano (2002)
Salvatore "Sammy Soup" Lentine (2002)
Dominic Licavoli (2003)
Salvatore "Soupy" Lentine (2002)
Sam Lucido (2011)
Peter "Milwaukee Pete" Maniaci (2003)
Vincent "Little Vince" Meli (2006)
Ronald Morelli (2000)
Anthony "Pretty Boy Tony" Munaco (2005)
Leonardo "Leo Monday" Monteleone (2006)
Rafaela "Jimmy Q" Quassarano (2001)
Joseph "Jo Jo" Ruggirello (2013)
James "Jackie Two Guns" Russo (2012)
Anthony "Tony T" Tocco (2012)
Jack "Black Jack" Tocco (2014)
William "Billy Boy" Tocco (2007) (suicide)
Paul Tocco (2014)
Daniel "The Trigger" Triglia (2013)
Dominic "Lefty" Tringale (2007)
Dominic Vaccari (2001)
Frank "Chinky" Versaci (2012)
Anthony "Tony Z" Zerilli (2015)

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: detroit LCN in the shadows article 2010 [Re: IvyLeague] #874174
01/30/16 01:23 AM
01/30/16 01:23 AM
Philly Burbs
mikeyballs211 Offline
acting associate
mikeyballs211  Offline
acting associate
Underboss
Philly Burbs

The social, economic, and law enforcement climate? I've already said that there have been several non-LCN gambling busts in Detroit in recent years. If there aren't the resources to go after bookies, or if there are bigger priorities, why are these operations getting busted? If the focus is on violent street gangs, cartels, terrorism, or political corruption, why can we go on the Detroit FBI website and see cases against other criminal enterprises? These factors you bring up only go so far and really don't explain away the lack of cases over the long run.

I'm not ignoring the history of cases against Detroit or lack thereof. But at this stage it's largely beside the point. Even if you want to ignore or minimize the indictment factor, you can't ignore the attrition factor. See the list below.

You also need to stop saying they have a fully functioning crew and 3-4 crews like it's established fact. Show me another source that says this but I've already explained why Scott's Internet charts don't cut it. And how is there no way they havent had at least 2 ceremonies in the last 15 years? Even Scott has only said he's heard rumors. But even if we assume they have, it's highly unlikely they have been able to make anywhere near the amount of members who have died over that time period.

Lastly, I suppose it depends on what you consider "pretty good shape." All things taken into consideration, I see a family that some OC experts don't even recognize anymore. A family comparable to Buffalo, which also isn't recognized. A family that has likely been decimated by attrition and what remains doesn't go much beyond bookmaking. A family that essentially has one guy writing about it. A family that, even if we include it on the list of remaining families, would be dead last.

Members/Possible Members who have died since 2000:

Mateo "Mike Bartello" Bartolotta (2003)
Carlo Bommarito (2007)
Anthony "Tony Long" Cimini (2005)
Anthony "Tony the Bull" Corrado (2002)
Michael DiAngelo (2002)
James "Vincent" Galici (2005)
Anthony "Tony Jack" Giacalone (2001)
Anthony "Fat Tony" Giacalone, Jr (2013)
Vito "Billy Jack" Giacolone (2012)
Jack "Jackie G" Gianosa (2003)
Salvatore "Sammy G" Giordano (2002)
Salvatore "Sammy Soup" Lentine (2002)
Dominic Licavoli (2003)
Salvatore "Soupy" Lentine (2002)
Sam Lucido (2011)
Peter "Milwaukee Pete" Maniaci (2003)
Vincent "Little Vince" Meli (2006)
Ronald Morelli (2000)
Anthony "Pretty Boy Tony" Munaco (2005)
Leonardo "Leo Monday" Monteleone (2006)
Rafaela "Jimmy Q" Quassarano (2001)
Joseph "Jo Jo" Ruggirello (2013)
James "Jackie Two Guns" Russo (2012)
Anthony "Tony T" Tocco (2012)
Jack "Black Jack" Tocco (2014)
William "Billy Boy" Tocco (2007) (suicide)
Paul Tocco (2014)
Daniel "The Trigger" Triglia (2013)
Dominic "Lefty" Tringale (2007)
Dominic Vaccari (2001)
Frank "Chinky" Versaci (2012)
Anthony "Tony Z" Zerilli (2015)

Ivy my man I appreciate you posting deceased members..are u stating that there have not been any initiation ceremonies since??

I have stated based on what ive read that they have a boss, UB, consig, and 3-4 crews..how on earth does that make them dewd last among active families?? Jackie is cleary the boss and they for sure have at least 3 crews active there's no way they are last among a families and I dont believe u actually think that?

Ivy you absolutely are ignoring the lack of case factors..if theyhave never been decimated by indictments and they have intermarried, inducted sons.and nephews of made guys going back generations why would you ignore the fact that they have never had many cases against their family let alone any major rico indictment like literally every other family? Again im not saying they have mythically maintained uninterrupted success but your talking About a family that has never been hit by a major rico case, never had more than 1 rat, has had 4 bosses in what 100 yearz? They clearly go about their business quietly and you have not argued against my points regarding the current social and economic climate in Detroit coupled with their historical lack of major cases against the Detroit lcn to explain the reason why their have not been any major cases?

Again ivy you're a smart guy and im not considering this family as mythical or special..but cant u concede that based on this families close knit history and serious lack of major indictments coupled with the state of Detroit ive alluded to myltiple times that maybe just maybe this 110 yr old mob family that has been the mark of stability for over a century may possibly be doing better than you think?

"No, no, you aint alrite Spyder you got alotta fuckin problems"
Re: detroit LCN in the shadows article 2010 [Re: Louiebynochi] #874175
01/30/16 01:45 AM
01/30/16 01:45 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

I have no way of knowing for sure one way or the other if Detroit has had any ceremonies since 2000. I do know that, unlike other families still around, there's been no evidence of any. I'm sure some will attribute that to Detroit being so secretive but even Scott hasn't confirmed any. And he'd be all over that if it were so. I also do know it's highly unlikely they could make anywhere near the amount of members who have died since 2000. Just do the math. If even half those names I listed were members, we're looking at a much smaller family than some imagine.

Again, while I can believe they have some semblance of a hierarchy - that doesn't take much - I simply don't take Scott's charts at face value. And that's the only place you or anyone else have seen such a hierarchy. In fact, take away Scott altogether and we're probably not even having this debate.

I have not ignored your points. I just don't see them as a valid excuse to have the image of the family that you do. You can have the best run, most tight knit family, but if you don't have the manpower to sustain yourself it really doesn't matter.

Do I think it's possible they're doing better than I think? Let me put it this way. Let's see if the next 15 years will be the last 15 years. I'm betting they will be. I don't need to wait forever, or until Scott stops writing about them, to see the writing on the wall concerning this family. The question is, at what point do you finally write this family off?

Last edited by IvyLeague; 01/30/16 03:17 AM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: detroit LCN in the shadows article 2010 [Re: Louiebynochi] #874181
01/30/16 03:25 AM
01/30/16 03:25 AM
L
Louiebynochi Offline OP
Banned
Louiebynochi  Offline OP
Banned
L
Underboss
"Yet the organization "has not gone dormant," says Joseph M. Finnigan, organized crime supervisor for the FBI's Detroit office. Nor will it as long as people still play the numbers, call a bookie, gamble at an after-hours casino or arrange an illegal loan to cover their losses. New members have replaced the old, keeping the local Mafia's size at about 30."

http://m.sfgate.com/news/article/Wise-guy-blabbermouths-damage-Detroit-Mob-s-image-2924863.php

So obviously 10 or more people were inducted between 1997 and 2001. So why is it impossible when they have kids and relatives of there's that already have felony convictions for gambling to be made in the family. Your actually naive enough to think after all these years of there family being one way they stopped doing this. It's like saying Walmart and the Walton family stopped after all these years for no apparent reason. I'll quote the experts in the FBI "it's in there blood. It's all they know" KEITH CORBETT WHOS A MILLION TIMES MORE CREDIBLE THAN SOME FORUM POSTER "there's no reason to believe there's been a cessation in the criminal activities that have generated them income for close to 100 years"--2008

Sorry guys. I don't get sold by some snake oil salesman named Ivy League who is a member of law enforcement(probation officer). I tend to think Keith Corbett who headed the Detroit LCN squad until 2004 is a lot more credible than Ivy leauge aka the probation officer in utah

Last edited by Louiebynochi; 01/30/16 03:32 AM.

A March 1986 raid on DiBernardo's office seized alleged "child pornography and financial records." As "a result of the Postal Inspectors seizures [a federal prosecutor] is attempting to indict DiBernardo on child pornography violations" according to an FBI memo dated May 20, 1986.
Thousands of pages of FBI Files that document his involvement in Child Porn
https://www.muckrock.com/foi/united-states-of-america-10/star-distributors-ltd-46454/
https://www.upi.com/Archives/1981/0...s-Miporn-investigation-of/7758361252800/
https://www.courtlistener.com/opinion/1526052/united-states-v-dibernardo/
Re: detroit LCN in the shadows article 2010 [Re: Louiebynochi] #874184
01/30/16 05:33 AM
01/30/16 05:33 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Did you happen to see the date of that article, Louie?

May 3, 2001. 15 years ago.

You probably looked long and hard before finding that article too, huh? Darn.

Where do you get that 10 or more were inducted between 1997 and 2001?

Nobody said there aren't still mob guys that are active in Detroit. Nobody is saying there isn't still some semblance of a hierarchy. But the evidence doesn't support the large and robust family you fantasize about, Louie.

And don't pretend like you care what the feds think. Anyone familiar with you knows you'll go with whatever source says a given family is stronger rather than weaker. It's why you're King Louie - King of the fanboys.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 01/30/16 05:36 AM.

Re: detroit LCN in the shadows article 2010 [Re: IvyLeague] #874243
01/31/16 03:16 AM
01/31/16 03:16 AM
L
Louiebynochi Offline OP
Banned
Louiebynochi  Offline OP
Banned
L
Underboss
I never said large robust , I said 25 members just like the last 35 years.
And for the record your a pompous, know it all, member of law enforcement piece of shit. Your world revolves around these forums it's all you got. You have fucked if your lucky 2 women in your life. Your arguments contradict themselves and you pick and choose which law enforcement statement works best for you. Or you decide the secretary of the United Nations is more credible than the head of the the Detroit LCN FBI squad . And you call yourself an expert. Your just a probation officer who has a secret fascination with gangsters and anyone that doesn't agree with your opinion including the FBI is a brainless fanboy.

Listen your opinion is much more credible than the Detroit FBI . You are much more of an expert
Hahhahaha get the fuck out of here

I'm surprised we have people on the forum a gangster forum supporting a member of law enforcement especially a probation officer who prolly shouldn't even work there and is unqualified cause of his secret fascination with gangsters

Last edited by Louiebynochi; 01/31/16 03:19 AM.

A March 1986 raid on DiBernardo's office seized alleged "child pornography and financial records." As "a result of the Postal Inspectors seizures [a federal prosecutor] is attempting to indict DiBernardo on child pornography violations" according to an FBI memo dated May 20, 1986.
https://www.muckrock.com/foi/united-states-of-america-10/star-distributors-ltd-46454/
Re: detroit LCN in the shadows article 2010 [Re: Louiebynochi] #874246
01/31/16 03:32 AM
01/31/16 03:32 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Louiebynochi
I never said large robust , I said 25 members just like the last 35 years.
And for the record your a pompous, know it all, member of law enforcement piece of shit. Your world revolves around these forums it's all you got. You have fucked if your lucky 2 women in your life. Your arguments contradict themselves and you pick and choose which law enforcement statement works best for you. Or you decide the secretary of the United Nations is more credible than the head of the the Detroit LCN FBI squad . And you call yourself an expert. Your just a probation officer who has a secret fascination with gangsters and anyone that doesn't agree with your opinion including the FBI is a brainless fanboy.

Listen your opinion is much more credible than the Detroit FBI . You are much more of an expert
Hahhahaha get the fuck out of here

I'm surprised we have people on the forum a gangster forum supporting a member of law enforcement especially a probation officer who prolly shouldn't even work there and is unqualified cause of his secret fascination with gangsters

Sounds like I touched a nerve, Louie.

Louie mad! Louie angry! Louie not like to be called fanboy! Grrrrrr.

Anyway, where do you get 25 members from? Thin air? Your ass? If it was 30 members 15 years ago, and so many have died since then, you really think they've made enough guys to be at 25 today? What am I talking about? Of course you do.

It's not that I discount what the Detroit FBI says. I just look at all evidence and sources and what it tells me is that the UN report is correct. People have accused me in the past of blindly following the feds. But this is an example of me not doing that. Like I said, the Detroit FBI's action - or should I say inaction - speaks louder than anything they could say.

Lastly, it's hilarious that you of all people say I have a fascination with gangsters. Anyone who is familiar with your posts going back years on the RD forum knows nobody worships these guys like you do Louie.

Re: detroit LCN in the shadows article 2010 [Re: Louiebynochi] #874251
01/31/16 06:59 AM
01/31/16 06:59 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
What the fuck is the problem if Detroit had 25-30 made men and was basically a gambling and loansharking operation ?

They made money in a city that are dying and where the white are like the texans in Alamo, 4 white and 6 Nigga.
But they enjoy their money until 70-80 y and frank the bomp had strong ties with bikers.
So again whats the problem ?

Re: detroit LCN in the shadows article 2010 [Re: Louiebynochi] #874393
02/01/16 10:32 PM
02/01/16 10:32 PM
L
Louiebynochi Offline OP
Banned
Louiebynochi  Offline OP
Banned
L
Underboss
http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2011/06/24/organized-crime-in-detroit-forgotten-but-not-gone/

Article from 2011 on the Detroit mob
I know Ivy .CBS and the Detroit FBI know less about the current state of the Detroit mob than you.

Re: detroit LCN in the shadows article 2010 [Re: Louiebynochi] #874394
02/01/16 10:54 PM
02/01/16 10:54 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Louiebynochi
http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2011/06/24/organized-crime-in-detroit-forgotten-but-not-gone/

Article from 2011 on the Detroit mob
I know Ivy .CBS and the Detroit FBI know less about the current state of the Detroit mob than you.

Nice try, louie. First, we've all seen that article. Most of the info came from Scott who, as we know, hasn't exactly been able to make his mind up when it comes to Detroit membership. In his own book, Motor City Mafia, he cited 25 members. But his later charts on the RD forum showed anywhere from 30 to almost 60. This 2011 article cites 40-50 members. Anyone who believes Detroit has anywhere near that many today is simply ignorant or going on wishful thinking.

Also notice how much of that article is from the past. The last "big" case it cites, and which I've mentioned, is that 2006 glorified gambling bust. A few other small, peripheral gambling busts - the likes of which we've seen in Pittsburgh or Kansas City in recent years and nobody is claiming there's still a family there that's "alive, well, and racketeering."

Look Huey...er...I mean Louie. If you want to believe the Detroit mob is still churning along at a high level, go ahead. But the last 10-15 years really hasn't shown that. And guess what? You're going to disappointed over the next 10-15 years too.

Re: detroit LCN in the shadows article 2010 [Re: Louiebynochi] #874396
02/02/16 12:08 AM
02/02/16 12:08 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Scott Burnstein coauthored the article.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: detroit LCN in the shadows article 2010 [Re: Louiebynochi] #874401
02/02/16 01:23 AM
02/02/16 01:23 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

I'll point something else out about that article.

It says membership had dropped to 30-35 at the time of the GamTax trial (1996). When that article was written in 2011 it says the membership was 40-50.

So let me get this straight. Over the 15 year period from 1996 to 2011 the family actually GREW in size from 30-35 to 40-50 members?

How likely is that when just in the 10 year period between 2000 and 2011 they had around 20 members or possible members die? That's not counting any that died between 1996 and 2000.

Not only would the family have to make enough guys to replace all those that died JUST to stay at 30-35 members. They would also have to make anywhere from 5 to 20 ADDITIONAL members to grow to 40-50 members by 2011.

And that's something pretty much no other family was doing unless you count the Bonannos from the early 1990s to early 2000s. And most would agree comparing them and Detroit is apples and oranges. Especially when we saw increased Bonanno indictments as a result.

The Detroit family is not only able to maintain but GROW in size to be as big or bigger as any of the families outside NY by 2011 but barely be a blip on the law enforcment radar? How likely is that? And where are they getting all these new recruits? Even Scott says most of the younger generation isn't getting involved in the life so where did all these new guys come from?

Needless to say, the math doesn't add up. It defies logic when you look at all the factors. But people continue to swallow it because it's what they want to hear. Well they can stay in fantasy land. I prefer to deal in realities.

Re: detroit LCN in the shadows article 2010 [Re: Louiebynochi] #874405
02/02/16 07:48 AM
02/02/16 07:48 AM
Illinois
F_white Offline
Underboss
F_white  Offline
Underboss
Illinois
This sh*t getting real old,nobody know the real size of the family move on.

From now on, nothing goes down unless I'm involved. No blackjack no dope deals, no nothing. A nickel bag gets sold in the park, I want in. You guys got fat while everybody starved on the street. Now it's my turn.

Re: detroit LCN in the shadows article 2010 [Re: F_white] #874418
02/02/16 11:17 AM
02/02/16 11:17 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
Originally Posted By: F_white

Maybe I,44 made men included boss,underboss and capos.Most of them had 70 or 80 y so for scure are retired or semi-retired and few are under 70 so few can go over the gambling and shylock operation. Nove Tocco the only rat,say that flipped to avoid to get 16 y and because the old men don't looked good that sell coke.

Dominic Bommarito b.1926 maybe retired
Jack "Jackie The Kid" Giacalone b.1951
Anthony "Chicago Tony" La Piana b.1942
Anthony "Fat Tony" Giacalone, Jr.
Anthony "Tony Pal" Palazolla b.1940
Frank "Frankie The Bomb" Bommarito b.1929
Peter "Specs" Tocco b.1948
David "Ace" Aceto b.1958
Eugene "Genie Boy" Baratta
John "J.P" Bommarito
Matthew "Matty the Bomber" Bommarito
Vincenzo "Vinnie Bro" Brozino
Dominic "Chicago Dom" Corrado
Paul "Big Paulie" Corrado
Paul "Cousin Paulie" Corrado
Peter "Fat Pete" Corrado
Peter "Baby Bull" Corrado
John D'intino b.1947
Don Fragale b.1943
Michael Galardi b.1947
Anthony "Fat Tony" Giacalone, Jr.
Joseph "Joey Jack" Giacalone
Joseph "Little Joey Jack" Giacalone
Jack "Jackie the Nose/Jackie Jacks" Giacalone
Robert "Bobby the Animal" La Puma b.1938
William "Billy Lee" Loiacano b.1927
Jack "Little Jack" Lucido
Sebastian "Buster" Lucido
Isodoro "Teddy San Diego" Matranga b.1948
Joseph Messina b.1958
Peter Messina b,1956
Anthony "Little Tony Pal" Palazzola b.1940
Salvatore "Little Sammy Pal" Palazzola
Antonio "Toto" Ruggirello b.1935
John "Tony Bananas" Sciarotta b.1957
Anthony "Little Tony" Tocco, Jr. b.1931
Joseph Tocco
Peter "Little Pete" Tocco, Jr.
Salvatore "Mops" Tocco
Joseph Tringale
Sam Ventamillia
Joe Vicarri
Dominic "Fat Dom" Vivio
Phillip Zerilli

Last edited by furio_from_naples; 02/02/16 11:18 AM.
Re: detroit LCN in the shadows article 2010 [Re: F_white] #874425
02/02/16 02:14 PM
02/02/16 02:14 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
Originally Posted By: F_white

I agree. Nothing but repetitive at this point. Lock it up.

Re: detroit LCN in the shadows article 2010 [Re: Louiebynochi] #874436
02/02/16 04:59 PM
02/02/16 04:59 PM
Hamilton
Scalish Offline
Underboss
Scalish  Offline
Underboss
Hamilton
Agreed the debate on here about the size of the family is tired.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull