Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: gangstereport

Ivy which oc experts would be disagreeing with each other I don't think there is any just a couple of guys on a forum I don't think that means anything

Then again people on a mob forum know more than Scott a mob journalist don't they

The buffalo comparison is ridiculous when there is reports not just from Scott the family is viable family but the buffalo mob all reports last 7 years have been that is no longer viable no one had said that s out Detroit except people on this board. 25 years from now I might agree but at the present they are a viable family I know for fact that Jackie meets with Peter tocco every Tuesday exactly what Scott said so I guess he is not a bullshitter then.....

I am done this is a impossible argument

You can look at the UN report by OC expert James Finckenauer from 1999/2000. Detroit was among those families he listed as "either weak or non-existent."

You can also read the 2011 WSJ article on the mob, following the big busts in Janary of that year, that said "most experts agree that its (the Mafia's) operations are now largely confined to its traditional bases in the Northeast and Chicago."

The relative lack of cases in Detroit warrant this discrepancy.

You can believe what you want about Detroit but I'll wager with anyone here we won't see another bust like the 1996 one. Heck, what if we don't even see another one like the 2006 case, which was much less significant? My point being, it shouldn't take you 25 years to see the state of things.

Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples

Ivy what think of this chart ?

Administration
• Boss Jack "Jackie the Kid" Giacalone
• Underboss Anthony "Chicago Tony" Lapiana
• Consigliere Anthony "Tony Pal" Palazzola
• Street Boss Peter "Specs" Tocco
Capos
• Joseph "Joey Jack" Giacalone
• Joseph "Joe the Hood" D'Anna
• David "Davey the Donut" Aceto
• Vincent "Delivery Man" Signorelli
• Paul "Big Paulie" Corrado

Soldiers:

1. Eugene "Genie Boy" Baratta
2. Dominic Bommarito
3. John "J.P" Bommarito
4. Matthew Bommarito
5. Vincenzo "Vinnie Bro" Brozino
6. Pat Carlini
7. Anthony "Little Tony Long" Cimini
8. Dominic "Chicago Dom" Corrado
9. Paul "Cousin Paulie" Corrado
10. Peter "Fat Pete" Corrado
11. Peter "Baby Bull" Corrado
12. John D'intino
13. Don Fragale
14. Antonio "Tony the Barber" Foglia
15. Michael Galardi
16. Patrick "Pat the Pimp" Gatt
17. Anthony "Fat Tony" Giacalone, Jr.
18. Joseph "Joey Jack" Giacalone
19. Joseph "Little Joey Jack" Giacalone
20. Jack "Jackie the Nose/Jackie Jacks" Giacalone
21. Robert "Bobby the Animal" La Puma
22. William "Billy Lee" Loiacano
23. Jack "Little Jack" Lucido
24. Sebastian "Buster" Lucido
25. Isodoro "Teddy San Diego" Matranga
26. Joe Messina
27. Pete Messina
28. Salvatore "Little Sammy Pal" Palazzola
29. Antonio "Toto" Ruggirello
30. John Sciarotta
31. Anthony "Little Tony" Tocco, Jr.
32. Jack "Little Jackie" Tocco, Jr.
33. Joe Tocco
34. Paul Tocco
35. Peter "Little Pete" Tocco, Jr.
36. Salvatore "Mops" Tocco
37. Danny Triglia
38. Danny Tringale
39. Joey Tringale
40. Sam Ventamillia
41. Joe Vicarri
42. Dominic "Fat Dom" Vivio
43. Phillip Zerilli

Dead since 2000

Bommarito-Carlo 2007
Lentine-Salvatore Sammy Soup 2002
Lucido-Sam 2011
Tocco-Vito Billy Boy 2007
Tringale-Dominic Lefty 2007
Vacari-Dominic 2001
Bartolotta-Mateo Mike Bartello 2003
Cimini-Anthony Tony Long 2005
Corrado-Anthony The Bull 2002
DiAngelo-Michael 2002
Galici-James Vincent 2005
Giacalone-Anthony Tony Jack 2001
Giacalone-Vito Billy Jackn 2012
Gianosa-Jack Jackie G 2003
Giordano-Salvatore Sammy G 2002
Maniaci-Peter Milwaukee Pete 2003
Meli-Vincent Little Vince 2000
Meli-Vincent.F? Big Vince 2008
Morelli-Ronald Hollywood 2000
Tocco-Anthony Tony T 2012
Tocco-Giacomo Black Jack 2014
Tocco-Paul 2014
Triglia-Daniel 2013
Versaci-Frank Chinky 2012
Zerilli-Anthony Tony Z 2015

I think Scott does his best with the info available but much of it is obviously guesswork. He'd rather include guys that may not be made than not include ones that are. So he throws everything including the kitchen sink into his charts. He did it with both Detroit and Chicago. The feds had Detroit at 30 members at most in 1996-2001, but Scott's charts have shown anywhere from 30 to almost 60. The feds had Chicago at 28 members in 2005 but Scott's chart has shown over 100.

Yet some people base the vast majority of their view on these families on what he says, often ignoring or minimizing other info. I suspect it's because he's telling them what they want to hear.

i dont understand where you get this 60 from i have looked back at his posts on the real deal forum no where is he saying 60 made guys he even said on the forum that he does not think they have a bright future

that 2011 report did not mention the detroit mob and it is right to a certain degree like i said the detroit mob is manily a gambling operation but if the FBI in Detroit still see it as a viable family then it is a viable family

also that report by James Finckenauer you have to be careful what you see as truth he got alot wrong not just about detroit but the mob in general. this was in the middle of the gamextax trials for tony zerlli it was hardly a time with no mob activity the year jarjosa got killed

actually there is alot of other everdince that many of the guys on that list are made not from scott. If they are no longer viewd as active why is there everdince that the feds were following billy jack Giacalone around throughout the 2000s. Or why are they taking notice of the D`anna assault thing remember it was state law enforcment who indicted him first because he is a mob capo.

and i do think there will be another indictment it took them 17 years to build the gametax indictment these guys are very careful. Not saying a indictment will be as big as that but there could be one like the 2006 indictment and your forgetting about the 2013 gambling bust Thomas James Mackey who has ties even you can clearly see to jack Giacalone and peter tocco and mackey is cooperating now.

law enforcment themselves are regually telling scott about things in the mob and have said that they see the detroit mob as a viable family. Now you are the same guy on every thread says how law enforcment are always right and whatever they say go which most of the time is true but when it comes to the feds in detroit you disagree

the reason for that is obvious to everyone you dislike scott probably over a argument on the real deal forum and for that reason you have a go at him and that family at every opportunity. The decavacnte family had little indicments from 2006+ until very recently you had one member arrested n 2011 for stolen goods and you had the restaurant bust with frank gurraci in 2010 but i dont think you were saying the family did not exist then they got indicted in 2015

i am done arguing over this and it is the last time i will have this same argument

Last edited by gangstereport; 01/24/16 04:09 PM.

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion