The time of the Sicilians in the Montreal Mafia has come and gone. This recent bust is proof of that. They've been on the decline, and this was the final nail in the coffin. Rocco has been playing an advisory role between Leonardo & Stefano, that won't be anything new, he was reported consigliere by the Gazette after Vito died. The fact that the Spagnola fellow wasn't scooped up in this bust is a big indication that his role wasn't what it was speculated to be when the first reports of a table came out and nobody believed me that Leonardo may have possibly been heading things along with Sollecito, and Spagnola was reported to be boss as opposed to Leonardo who some reporters were still simply calling a legitimate lawyer. It seems as if the Montreal Mafia has reverted back to what it was in the Cotroni days, Calabrians representing the larger portion, thus being the power, there are still Rizzuto cousins and nephews and uncles involved but it's hard to tell yet what they're role is in everything. Arcadi is coming home, he'll most likely be named boss or declare it himself, I don't see him settling for anything else. Giordano has been home, Del Balso is due out soon as well. It'll be interesting to see what happens. Especially with Arcadi, who is calabrian, has relatives who may possibly be 'Ndranghisti, and was growing sour on the Sicilian clan before his arrest. Since I don't see him backing down, I'd like to see if the remnants of the Sicilian clan feel they're still enough of a force to step to him and challenge him. Not to mention other members of La Milieu were never really happy with him, he treated everyone like assholes and acted as if they were beneath him, especially the black gangs. However guys may have realized there will never be another Vito, and he might last off that fact alone.

If things do go down non-amicably, I suspect Giordano and Del Balso will side with him. Thats just my opinion.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 01/12/16 07:50 PM.