Originally Posted By: mikeyballs211

Ivy Idk bout all the other rd shit and I think you make good points and clearly know more bout mob stuff than I do but I totally disagree with your statements on punishing these guyys so harshly for gambling offenses. You have to take into account the disproportion of the actual crime they were convicted of and the sentence imposed. With no violence theres no way these guys should be doing more than 2 years just for gambling.

And your argument that we know theyre part of a criminal organization is immaterial to the case. If the state wanted to charge them with racketeering offenses then fine but sinxe I don't believe they were u can only go off of the facts and the charges in the present case. Trust me as a lawyer this is how the systen works. As much as you or anyone else believes that the book should be thrown at a bunch of mobbed up bookies the reality is our system does not have the resources to do this to every offender and I dont believe that they should. The cj system has to go after all criminals of course but they have to pay more attention and drop the hammer on people that are really damaging society. And im sorry but john and joey pernas bookmaking operations are not it

Couldn't agree more Mikey..

I really don't see what the harm is to society when someone takes bets from someone who wants to bet, I mean otherwise we should consider William Hill also a criminal enterprise..

I think it's a waste of tax payers' money to be honest, if there was violence involved than it's a different matter to me but according to you guys there wasn't any..

Last edited by BillyBrizzi; 01/10/16 08:44 PM.

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT