Originally Posted By: Peccatore
Originally Posted By: Ciment
I believe you and SinatraClub may be both right. From my past readings on the subject matter. There were newspaper articles citing that Montreal had a Capo that reported to the U.S.A LCN and this capo had several leutenants reporting to him. This relationship came to an end when Gerando Sciascia got killed by the LCN.This will validate your point. I also find that SinatraClub made a very good comparison of the relationship between the Montreal Sicilian Clan and the Sicilian Clan from Italy. I find the Montreal Sicilian clan always considered themselves to be a separate family but are more closely intertwined with Italy. Whereby Montreal Sicilian Clan and LCN is more a marriage of conveience. I think of it more as a trianglular love affair.

Yes, several of the Montreal Sicilians were related and close due to coming from the same town in Sicily but most were members of Bonanno LCN. They were friends with other Sicilian Mafia clans too. They were not the same Family together.

There are Montreal Italians of other regions some who are Bonanno LCN and others who are ndrangheta.

20 LCN members total in Montreal.

There is NO 'Ndrangheta in Montreal. There were Calabrians whom were members of the Montreal Mafia. Not Ndrangheta members. Just like there were Neopolitans, and Pugliesi in the Montreal Mafia and families elsewhere. However that doesn't make them Camorra.

And I believe the Capo Ciment may be referring to was Luigi Greco, and there are files and documents which suggest that he too wanted nothing to do with NY, especially after Joe Bonanno was exiled. And this is all the way from the 50's and 60's. The fact that Greco was even referred to in documents as a Liutenant, which is the same thing as a capo, proves Peccatore's claim as incorrect. Nicolo & Vito, once they took the reigns, outside of early NY news articles, which over time were proven to be inaccurate, were referred to as bosses by Canadian authorities. Some like to argue that "well Canada knew little of NY families and their hiearchy". As if NY federal agencies had intimate knowledge of Montreal happenings, or anywhere else in Canada for that matter. Arcadi was also listed in Canadian investigations like Colisee, as various things during different points of the investigation, when Vito was out, he was referred to as his second-in-command, listed as the same before Nicolo's death, and was labeled as street boss, during Vito's incarceration and the death of Nicolo Rizzuto. Whom was also listed in various books and documentation as the Acting Boss. Agostino [BadWord] also held this position prior to his murder, even while Montagna, whom was acting boss of the Bonannos, was IN Montreal.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 01/08/16 09:33 PM.