Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
http://www.canada.com/mobile/iphone/story.html?id=16a094b4-2b20-4de4-86dd-34d85d974c32

According to made Bonanno member, Vito took the initiative to separate his family from the Bonannos. Don't know how you can come to such a definitive conclusion,Peccatore. Let me guess, is it based on "tradition" and "what is Cosa Nostra"?

Nicolo was also a made member of the Manno Family in his hometown of Cattolica Eraclea. He notoriously bucked the rules, it's the major reason why Paolo Violi wanted him dead. And Nicolo probably would've not been alive for so long if it wasn't for the respect he commanded from Sicilians back in Italy, like Giuseppe Settecasi who stepped in for him during his beef with Violi. Like I said on The Black Hand. I dont think its a coinicidence that there were NO Bonanno members who were named or indicted in the many large scale investigations of the Rizzutos and the Montreal Mafia, like Project Colisee, and just recent Project Mastiff & Project Magot. The Rizzutos are known to have investments in Cuba, Saudi.Arabia, Coast Of Africa, The DR, and Italy and the NY Bonannos had NO parts of these investments.

Vito was named in an Italian investigation involved with a bridge connecting Sicily and Naples. There also wasn't one Bonanno name mentioned in that either.

No proof of them being separate, only doing their own thing. Not the same.

No evidence of Nicolo Rizzuto being made in Sicily.

Many people are indicted and nobody else from their Family are included in the indictment. Doesn't mean anything with what we are speaking.