In reading about the mob, I've run across this name a few times; A Genovese favorite apparently, a big earner, pretty vile guy from what I've read. Liked underage girls, lotta guys despised him. Came across this article, I feel like someone probably posted this somewhere already but...

https://books.google.com/books?id=r1IEAA...ese&f=false
It had a small mention of Granello, apparently Tommy Eboli okayed his sons death, and Granello openly vowed vengeance, who the hell was this guy? Buit had a few other interesting things in it;
For one, the article states Carlo Gambino had the same monthly dues tax on his family as Joe Profaci. I found that pretty interesting, considering he backed the Gallos, and the that the Gallos rebelled because Profaci mainly taxed them too much.
Another is that this article is from 1969, and in it they peg Phillip Lombardo as the likely man to take over, like back then. This is Time magazine, something you bought off a newsstand. I was always under the impression that Lombardo was like a total shadowy figure, cause it went, like, Eboli, then Tieri, then Chin. So, Lombardo was calling the shots During Ebolis stint as acting boss? Due in large part to the inertia of Miranda and Catena, and age of DeCarlo, Boiardo, DeFeo and other old timers? Was Eboli, unwittingly, a front for Lombardo? You smart guys help me out here....
Another is that they pegged Anthony Carillo as a Boss candidate. This is a guy who was the LaStella Commision meeting, lowest ranking guy there, but at the table nonetheless. In the article they had him imprisioned in Italy on a Narcotics case, this piqued my interest... Anyone got any info?
I laughed out loud when they said the genovese called Charles Gagliodotto their " fag hit man" , lol
I thought the articles estimate of Jerry Catenas worth of ten million to be a bit low, to say the least....
And finally, fully sidetracked, looking into this Anthony Carillo, I came upon this article with an interesting theory on why LaStella happened in the first place, supposedly it was Colombos idea....
http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profiles/blogs/the-star-of-forrest-hills
As ah well, any thoughts, especially on this Granello character...