Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Lol at anyone in that circle legitimately thinking Michael Jackson would perform at a wedding consisting of Bruno Family Mobsters. The closest thing mob affiliated with Michael was his manager Frank Dileo, and that's solely his role as Babe Vario in Goodfellas.

How do you know they couldn't get Michael Jackson if they had the money to pay him? Mob or not, cash is king and i am sure these guys had the money

No. They didn't. Nicky Crow says the whole thing set them back 500, 000. Michael did 90 second television interviews that costs stations more than that. And you're clearly not in the know about Michael Jackson. I guarantee you, as a fan, Michael never wouldve done it. He wasnt the kind of guy who looked at money as everything. How do I know? Because I'm a fan, I know the money he dropped on charity, which at any given moment was in the millions of dollars range. I know that he didn't feel comfortable in small settings, like a building for some reception, which is why later on in his life he never performed outside of large venues. He did a club performance ONE time during the 80s. And he definitely wasn't performing for any known organized crime figures. This was a guy who fired his last manager, Tohme Tohme, because he thought he had OC ties in the Ukraine...

Last edited by SinatraClub; 12/29/15 02:55 PM.