I just re-watched a good documentary on youtube on Philly called "mob Hitmen". There are interviews with Caramandi and he talks about the hit on Salvie, Iv'e heard it a dozen times but this time I found myself thinking: by all accounts Salvie knew he was in line for being hit, he was described as being extremely cautious and according to Caramandi they had already tried and failed something like 17 times to hit him. How then did he not think it likely that it was a set-up? Invited to a closed candy store in the middle of the night? Also I know Pungitore (best friend) was used to lure him there, but it wasn't just him there in the candy store, seems Caramandi, Pungitore and Grande were there (others maybe?) I wonder if he was suspicious? Or maybe it was like in the movie version of Donnie Brasco where Al Pacino takes off his jewelry and takes his money out of his pocket and leaves for a meet he knows he won't come back from.

Side note: Always been fascinated in history, I give big props to any of the great Philly posters and locals on here who can help me. The candy store was said in the documentary to be on Passyunk Avenue, called something like "something Sweet" I'm guessing its not around anymore but I would love to know the address and what is there now thanks!