Originally Posted By: BronaZora
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

You may think it's an outdated idea but there's no evidence the Mafia thinks so. Even today, high-ranking associates (Italian or otherwise) who have the same clout as a made guy are the exception to the rule. I'm not sure who you're referring to in Canada but, when it comes to being a made guy, that typically means he has gone through some form of formal initiation. Even the rare associates that have the clout of a made guy are still recognized as such. Not made members.

Which mafia are we talking about here? I doubt every single family goes through with such ceremonies, sometimes a simple gathering and dinner is enough to consider someone a made man (I think that's what the Outfit does).

Anyways, someone mentioned that the true made men in Canadian mob families are Italians that are either related by blood or marriage, if you're neither then you're not really significant enough to be considered outside your family circle unless your boss decides that you are. This also explains why the Canadian mafia families in general are smaller in numbers when it comes to the number of significant members, this is specially the case among the 'Ndrangheta clans of Toronto and the smaller families of Hamilton.

Canada's mob scene is a lot more complex, diverse, and sophisticated than the US scene, so it's really hard to get a clear picture on how the families are set up and whether they have ceremonies or not.

It came out during the Family Secrets case that the Outfit had been using the same blood and fire ceremony as other families. It may have been different in the earlier years though. But, again, they were the exception to the rule and eventually conformed.

Even if what you're saying about Italian OC in Canada is true, it doesn't apply to Fernandez.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 12/22/15 12:42 AM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.