Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen

Look at this mafia heroin ring;

At the end of August, or early September 1956, Cantellops attended a meeting at the home of Rocco Mazzie, at 2332 Seymour Avenue in the Bronx, where plans were made for extending the distribution of narcotics.

Earlier, the same evening Cantellops drove to the same German restaurant on East 86th Street with Joe Evola, Ormento, Carmine Galante and Andimo Pappadio, a capo in the Luchese family, and a man close to John Ormento and Genovese.

Galante was with the Bonanno family, along with Evola; Ormento, and Pappadio were with the Luchese’s, and Mazzie was tied into the crime family known to-day as the Gambino family, run then, by Albert Anastasia.
Couple things, notice how they overlook the Puerto Rican Cantellops, because of his perceived ability to open up a distribution center in the Bronx, he woulda been like "Carlito Brigante" basically. Also notice how the traditional family lines and hierarchies are blurred. Imagine a beef happens, what boss decides what? Is it going to be the family boss, or the guy controlling the drugs, or drug territory calling the shots? Here you have soldiers, capos, under bosses, it's like they are part of a separate organization, within the mafia. That why Carlo felt compelled to take down ALL these guys...

Very interesting!.....Where did you read about this?
It has me wondering now that the reason Michael Pappadio was killed and why he was so afraid to turn over his books to Amuso.....I read that Michael inherited all of Andiamo's business dealings once he was whacked and I don't doubt that included any drug related business.......Michael was a very rich man and if he was involved with drugs, he was a dead man anyway, which maybe explained his defiance and death wish or maybe he went back on the job to gather as much money as possible, before he planned on running away....Either way, he had to be smart enough to know that he could not defy the boss and live.