That's actually why I found the New York arrest so interesting, for decades they operated out of Montreal, but they felt compelled to set up an outpost in New York.
It's,why I asked a while back, are they losing power? Do they still maintain their position as prime narcotics importers with the calabrians and Mexicans being what they are?
I think Vito was the reason it held together like it did, and like someone said above,after he went away, everyone started to calculate where their loyalty and interest lie...
Also Ivey understand, I agree on Fernandez, like I said I think he was just crazy. I don't think Dejardins woulda showed up in Sicily acting like a made guy. Fuck he probably can't even do that in Corsica lol....
But I do think Vito placated them with that, I don't think he ever expected the guy to go to Sicily. Like I could see Vito having to hit him, to save face from having "made" a Spaniard, it couldn't really have helped his rep at a time when he was at war, and trying Marshall his forces, and identify all his enemies.