Again, you put way too much emphasis on made guys. You gotta understand Ivey, Rizzuto probably "made" these guys, as like a placating gesture, to let them think they were on the same level, but trust, no one is on the same level as the blood relations. I see these guys being made like a " Joe Watts" or "Jimmy Burke.
Not really made, but treated like made guys, but only within their family. I get the impression that if these two guys were in Montreal, they would be indistinguishable from a powerful Italian mafia capo. But they would have to recognize the geographic limitations, they could act like that in Montreal,nowhere else. It's like the gang boss Wooley going into an Italian Montreal neighborhood and expecting to be treated like a member.
And again, I don't think they recognized him as a made guy, more like they just overlooked it for the sake of business, kinda like they did with the Inzirillos, these guys needed CONNECTS Ivey, more than they need a few more made guys.
Like Ivey, I used to think all Costa Nostra is Sicilian right? Well here is ANOTHER family bound by blood, operating like a cartel, I was shocked when I first read about em...shows the power of drugs on the power structure....
“The Nuvolettas are the only family outside Sicily that sits in the cupola, the high command of Cosa Nostra. Not simply allies or affiliates, they are one of the most powerful groups in the bosom of the Mafia, with structural ties to the Corleones. So powerful—according to pentito Giovanni Brusca—that when in the late 1990s the Sicilians decided to plant bombs all over Italy, they asked the Marano clan for advice and cooperation. The Nuvolettas thought the idea was crazy, a strategy that had more to do with political favors than military results. They refused to participate in the attacks or provide logistical support, a refusal expressed without any hint of reprisal. Totò Riina personally implored the boss Angelo Nuvoletta to corrupt the judges in his first mass trial, but here too the Marano clan refused to help the military wing of the Corleone family. During the feuds within La Nuova Famiglia, after their victory over Cutolo, the Nuvolettas sent for Giovanni Brusca, the boss of San Giovanni Jato and the murderer of Judge Giovanni Falcone.* They wanted Brusca to eliminate five people in Campania and dissolve two of them in acid. They called him the way you would call a plumber”

Excerpt From: Roberto Saviano & Virginia Jewiss. “Gomorrah.” Picador, 2007. iBooks.
This material may be protected by copyright.

Check out this book on the iBooks Store: https://itun.es/us/rlf9w.l
You gotta remember, this is all about control, if it makes these guys easier to control by letting them think they are made, ehhhhh?