Originally Posted By: BigRed
Originally Posted By: 2a
Anyways my question is does the Irish Mob still exist in America ? I know that the K&A gang is listed as active , however they don't seem to be much of a mob group .

If it still exists then what places is it active in ? What are its main rackets ? How influential are they ?

I don't know why you don't classify the K&A Gang as a "mob group." They made a ton of money through crime while working together. What more do you need?

That said there has never been an Irish Mob in the United States. There has never been a group of exclusively Irish or Irish American criminals in the United States. There have been groups of predominately Irish criminals but never one that Irishness was the uniting factor.

Except for, alledgedly, the original Aryan Brotherhood. But that's certainly not the case anymore.

Never understood that misconception. Irish people traditionally emigrated to cities like Boston, New York and Chicago.

The segment of people that the Aryan Brotherhood attract have traditionally been WASPS from "hick" states with predominantly English, Scotch Irish, Scottish and German origins.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.