Originally Posted By: helenwheels
Johns is all right, but if you're in that neighborhood try Il Bagatto on 2nd between A & B.

One of my all time favorites, and everyone I've ever taken there loves it.

Very good, Helen. You can throw in Joe's on Carmine Street, too.
Originally Posted By: helenwheels
or for the Bay Ridge wiseguy experience try Areo, epecially on a Thursday night.

lol lol

I'm laughing with you, Helen. Not at you. Because for all of that narration about wives, girlfriends, Fridays, Saturdays and Copa crap in the movie, Thursday night was always the biggest night to hang out everywhere there were wiseguys in the boroughs.

Back in the '80s, Stevie had a place just north of the Bronx, in Yonkers. Every Thursday night there were guys there from all over the place. Roach's sister used to come in from from fucking Queens. She was a staple there. Anyway, the wiseguy crowd would get so fucking boiled from booze that any time a stranger walked in the place after 11 o'clock he got the shit kicked out of him for nothing. That crew was insanely violent back then, especially for their size. Bronx probably remembers. It was the place on Bronx River Road.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.