Originally Posted By: sickstylemob12
Lol just messing around with you about the Bronx btw. Actually have a question how strong were the Duckies ? We're they not to fuck with ?

They were strong around Bainbridge and French Charlie's Field. That was an Irish stronghold forever. And most of them didn't move all that far. Just north to Woodlawn on the Bronx/Yonkers border.

Woodlawn is the ONLY predominantly ethnic neighborhood left in the entire city. Now, I'm speaking of the original Western European immigrants who landed at Ellis Island. I'm not including the post Ellis Island "newer" immigrants (Latinos, Middle Easterners, miscellaneous Islanders, etc.). Give it the Irish, they stand their ground. I'm a proud Italian American. But, along with many of the Jews, we practically invented "white flight."

Anyway, the Duckies were tough. But they didn't have the same rep as the Baldies in the Bronx. The Baldies were similar to the Purple Gang. Not as earners. No gang back then earned like the Purple Gang. But because a lot of the Baldies ended up getting made later on, much like many of the Purple Gang members.

And I won't soon forget that Bronx crack lol. I apologize if I came off as rude. Caring for my Dad is taking its toll on me now and I'm snapping at people without realizing it. But that's no excuse. Eldercare isn't for pussies. That's all I'm trying to say.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.