GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, 1 invisible), 579 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,796
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,357
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,528
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,418
Posts1,060,587
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Young Guys and Recruitement [Re: gangstereport] #866168
11/10/15 08:00 PM
11/10/15 08:00 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: gangstereport
pizza you know alot about these guys so i have a question do you think allie shades kid could end up running the genovese family because he is in his 40s and alot of the top guys are old so you would think with who is father is he could rise to the top

No. And for the record, his father was put out to pasture. Baby Shades is very heavy on Staten Island. But the Genovese powerbase will remain right where it is.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Young Guys and Recruitement [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #866169
11/10/15 08:06 PM
11/10/15 08:06 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: DanteMoltisanti
Speaking from my personal experience growing up in Jersey, I'm 31 years old and there was still more than enough guys my age getting involved with LCN through bookmaking and drug dealing. I saw it with my own two eyes growing up

I'm 56. And by the time you're my age, the American mob will barely resemble today's mob, let alone what it was when I was your age. They'll be around, but the face of the American mob is going to have to make drastic changes if they don't want to become extinct after the next generation or two.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Young Guys and Recruitement [Re: mightyhealthy] #866174
11/10/15 08:48 PM
11/10/15 08:48 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
Gambling will always be there but the real successful guys $ wise will be the mostly legit guys and by mostly I mean doings things LE considers illegal but is common practice in almost every American business today from doctors to Wall Street to construction .

I would have thought they would be weaker today but I think a bunch of them adapted . They ain't what they used to be but in some industries in the area they look to still be in the mix . They are stubbornly hanging on to some things for longer than i think most would have thought . Must have been some decent leaders steering away from the cowboy act from years ago , staying off the radar etc .

Re: Young Guys and Recruitement [Re: mightyhealthy] #866175
11/10/15 08:56 PM
11/10/15 08:56 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
The funny thing is that the guys that are 30 years old and involved think that it's 1920 and everything is fine and that they have guys to choose from .

They just don't know.

The fact is they will be in bad shape because they will become so dependent on associates with the lack of Italians let alone quality guys with a good head that can make real money.
With out real money what is left of that thing.

I have said this a hundred times you need the old guys that were from the street to mold these guys .
Without them these guys get hungry and do shit to fast ,get with people they should keep at arm's length and then there is trouble.

But most don't don't with out a mentor ,they just run balls to the wall right into the prison system or right into the hands of the Feds.

There is also sophisticated tools the Feds have it can bring ten good guys down before they hit 35 and even have a chance.

The whole thing as a whole has to be rethought no doubt .

They may be on to something with a ruling panel cos if o am not mistaken a ruling panel has not been brought down yet.

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Young Guys and Recruitement [Re: mightyhealthy] #866187
11/10/15 10:46 PM
11/10/15 10:46 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Drug dealing is where the most money can be made. You see all the drug busts being made all over the country. Does those arrests meaning any thing no.

If you can't stop the drugs coming in at the source new people will be falling over each other to take the guys place who are being arrested.

only the unloved hate
Re: Young Guys and Recruitement [Re: mightyhealthy] #866188
11/10/15 10:59 PM
11/10/15 10:59 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
PB, do you think the decline in murders is more than just a moratorium? Could it have to do with better upbringing for the younger guys?

It's likely a combination of both. Because there are, without question, less guys with the stomach for murder today.

Re: Young Guys and Recruitement [Re: baldo] #866189
11/10/15 11:11 PM
11/10/15 11:11 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: baldo
At that point, who could those groups be I wonder? I mean were running out of new ethnic groups lol. Is it possible OC won't even be based on ethnicity anymore? Just like minded criminals working together?

That's exactly what I meant when I said the face of the American Mafia is going to change drastically due to the assimilation of Italian Americans. They're going to have to start making half-Italians again to survive. Maybe even quarter-Italians, as long as the last mame is Italian. And they're also going to have to partner with the poorer and hungrier ethnic groups.

I was in Astoria the other day on business. Now, the Greeks have always gotten a pass to run card games there, as long as they did the right thing. But I've heard that the Middle Easterners in Northern Queens are cutting games now and they just don't give a fuck. These are people who kill themselves in the name of Allah every fucking day. Do you really think that someone with a 9/11 type of suicide mentality is going to be afraid of a bunch of goombahs?

Re: Young Guys and Recruitement [Re: mightyhealthy] #866190
11/10/15 11:23 PM
11/10/15 11:23 PM
S
salvi62 Offline
Capo
salvi62  Offline
S
Capo
Pizza,

Been trying like crazy to get in touch with you. I lost your email and can't send you a PM.

Sal (in Florida)

Re: Young Guys and Recruitement [Re: pizzaboy] #866214
11/11/15 02:06 PM
11/11/15 02:06 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
pizza you know alot about these guys so i have a question do you think allie shades kid could end up running the genovese family because he is in his 40s and alot of the top guys are old so you would think with who is father is he could rise to the top

No. And for the record, his father was put out to pasture. Baby Shades is very heavy on Staten Island. But the Genovese powerbase will remain right where it is.

why was his father put out to pasture?

do you think barney is running the family because from what i have read he is either less involved because of the death of his wife or that he is running everything i dont know

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Young Guys and Recruitement [Re: gangstereport] #866248
11/11/15 11:24 PM
11/11/15 11:24 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
do you think barney is running the family because from what i have read he is either less involved because of the death of his wife or that he is running everything i dont know

He was with his wife from when they were teenagers. And say whatever you want about what the man does for a living, but they raised great kids. Not one of his boys has ever so much as whispered "Do you know who my Father is?"

That's rare. Most guys in that position have kids that are total assholes, forever throwing their weight around. Even the daughters. They're a very close family, and they took it very hard when Camille died. She was only in her mid-fifties.

Anyway, he's reined it in quite a bit. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he pulled a Gerry Catena and packed it in with a lot of good years ahead of him. People on these boards talk about Barney like he's still a kid. But he's almost sixty. He's a grandfather. He did twelve years standing on his head. But that doesn't mean he wants to go back inside. He spends a lot of time with his family now.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull