Originally Posted By: Turnbull
True in most respects, Johnny. But, his Tahoe estate was worthy of the turn-of-the-century Robber Barons, if not mid-century Mafiosi. That's how he thought of himself: a "Captain of Industry." tongue

Since you mentioned cars (an old favorite subject between you and me): FFC was fanatical about details, and nowhere more than in his selection of cars. Note that, when Kay is stopped from leaving the compound, she'd driving a plain-Jane '57 Buick Special wagon--not the higher-end Century wagon. On the other hand, when Michael returns to Tahoe, he's being driven in a '58 Chrysler Crown Imperial limo--one of only 36 made by Ghia of Turin, and, at ~$13k, the most expensive domestic car of the year.

Yes "Captain of Industry", is exactly right. I will again suggest that his going to Dartmouth helped fashion his goals in business. That is not a school you go to, to find employment at the local Wendy's as the night manager.

No denying that Mike wasn't afraid to spend money, when it came to the comfort of his family. My curiosity was peaked and did a search of the house. This is just one of the many sites that offer pictures of the property.

https://homes.yahoo.com/photos/photos-co...0609336906.html

I love my Chrysler and tuna fish sandwiches.