Originally Posted By: gangstereport
Originally Posted By: MemphisMafia
Thank you,Sinatra.I had never heard his voice on tapes but I stand corrected.I don't think they ever got Scarfo on tapes.Leonetti,in his book said that Scarfo would never discuss anything in Scarf.Inc or even a car.I have heard Angelo Brunos voice but I never heard him discuss any illegal activity on the tapes I had heard.And I have never heard Merlinos tapes.That family has seem to have bosses that are very wary of wiretaps.But then you look at Stanfa and this guy was talking about chopping up Merlino,I belive and sending his tongue or head in the mail on those tapes.Stanfa also ofcourse had Veasey and Previte.He seems like maybe he wasn't boss material.I think Merlino,in my opinion was better qualified than stanfa

merlino was not better qualified he went around in front of the press got heat on the family he was betitng into bookies including johnny changs book.....
i mean this is a boss of a family could not run a bookmaking operation him and ralphie head went bust

he was cheating everyone out of money

a boss of a family plotting to sell baby food

a boss of a family who was planning to sell watches he himself as going to go around selling them swag watches to jewlers and friends ron previtit was going to supply him

a boss of the family who the turras tried to kill....

a boss of a family who inducted bobby lusi and used him in boston i mean all he was a failure at moving anything only money he made was selling cocaine to a undercover agent

stanfa was alot more qualified than merlino and his gang that is the truth but merlino ended up on top because stanfa went to prison he would have never won that war if it was not for previte tipping the feds of about murders and the indictments coming down

scarfo was caught on tape i think in the crows book there is a transipit of scarfo riccobone narducii and testa i think when the consglierie cant remember his name died in the late 70s thats what they were discussing
The consigliere u speak of is joe rugnetta & yes there is a small snippet of that conversation, but phil testa does most of the speaking (about how many times he saved scarfo's ass).

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...