Originally Posted By: moneyman
Nicky Sanatora's crew that got busted a couple of years ago met at sunset diner right off meeker ave a lot.. I saw Santora there a bunch although although I think he lives in long island....

i live in greenpoint, right next to williamsburg... yes there are a ton of real estate developments going on but the neighborhood still has a large italian population...
Bedford ave is totally gentrified but that was mostly hasidic and hispanic.. williamsburg between graham and union ave is still very italian

Rabito still lives in wburg, he's been back to Bamonte's btw, he's lost a lot of weight... not sure how active any guys are or anything... the guys who run carmines pizza on graham ave (right next to motion lounge) have been doing very well.. just opened a huge sports bar 100% legit but there are runners there taking bets almost everyday

Speaking of North BK I was at a bar in greenpoint last week and an old timer told me that phil rastelli actually lived in greenpoint and owned the motion lounge when it first started.. not sure if that was common knowledge or not but I assumed he was a queens guy for some reason

I live a couple blocks under this neighborhood. I saw the sports bar Carmines opened. Pizza's not bad but haven't been in to the sports bar yet. I go to Fortunato's pretty often when I've got family visiting etc.. For the record there are always people speaking Italian in there.