Originally Posted By: pmac
I would agrea with whoever posted they make guys probaly for numbers. They kinda did that for awhile. Strength n numbers. Al d'arco the perfect example 33 yrs ago he didn't make his bones wasn't a earner but did as he was told and was related to another made guy. The feds can't what the mob guys anymore. There not killing like all the dirt bags home grown terrorist. They need to watch for the next fucking Sandy hook that's sick. If the want to induct 5 10 guys into a family every year in NYC or even the lil families outside whose gonna no.

If they just made guys for the numbers they'd be making them left and right in NY with no cap. But they do have a cap and can only make guys to replace those who have died, plus two more at Christmas time.

And the feds seem to be able to keep tabs rather well. I imagine the same sources who give them info on the current leadership of a family also tell them when someone has been recently made. Heck, even Internet mob watchers like us have fairly extensive lists of recent ceremonies.

I don't think they know about every single member but I doubt more than 10% of a family at most is flying under the radar.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.