Originally Posted By: gangstereport
Originally Posted By: Krsheely
I guess I didn't realize frank decicco was so powerful-influentiAl. A thought I had, did gotti then get lucky that frank d got killed so early into his reign? Or did frank have enough clout that he could have had gotti ear to help make better choices? Or would he eventually jus hit gotti?

frank decicco was one of the most respected guys paul made a big mistake when he was choosing his acting bosses should have put decicco as acting boss or underboss guys would listen to frank.

Frank said once to sammy if john is a bad boss him and sammy would kill him and that he could be johns underboss but john could never be his underboss

but saying that i dont think frank would ever try anything because frank and john were close before paul i mean frank used to go to the bergin sometimes the ravainite as well he used to meet john alot they were very good friends

the main plotters against paul who nicknamed themselves the fist were john gotti, angelo ruggeriao, sammy gravano, Robert DiBernado, frank decicco, joe piney and john carnleiga

I agree. Sammy was just saying that to make himself look big "me & frank were going to kill Gotti down the line"

Frankie & Sammy needed Gotti as much as he needed them. For argument sake, if they killed Gotti there would be a war. Like Sammy says in his interview," I got a list, 10,12 guys I would have to kill (to get away with it), his brother Gene who I liked very much. The thought of killing his son sickened me."

Sammy then realised it was a lose lose scenario and even IF frank was alive, they wouldn't get away with it. Everyone talks about how much Frank was respected BUT that didn't stop him getting blown into oblivion. His betrayal of Paul, he would only have Sammy's crew, his uncle Georgia for support. Marino, Faila & Johnny G all viewed him as a traitor and would never be happy to answer to him as boss (especially if Frank Sam were in a war vs Bergin crew). The chin would never accept Frank on the commission (which is why they were content with Frankie getting killed) but that's not to say they weren't going after Gotti. Rather, Frank was viewed as a castellano guy & had more to answer than Gotti

Frank would never have survived if he killed john