Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Originally Posted By: Tonytough
No, according to Sammy Joe Piney was along from day 1. He might not have played a part but he was consulted and asked to "bring over the old timers" once it was over with

Sammy said him and frank decicco spoke to him in person & he informed them Joe Gallo was made aware too. "He doesn't want no part but will go along with it".

Sammy & franker proceeded to ask Piney what happens if Gallo tips off Paulie? piney tells them "I'll kill him".

Sammy," that was good enough for us"

I've read the first statement. But the second I have never known about until now. Do you have a source for that? Was it in Sammy's testimony? Not saying I don't believe it, but just for reference purposes. The first statement just pretty much adds on to what I said I think, the guy had no choice. He was old, and was on his way out anyways, he wanted to retire. And with the young guard making it's move, he most likely realized that the old time ways were done and would never return. I don't think he would've gone to war with Gotti if he went against him, he didn't have the manpower or will at that point.

But I stand corrected. I got him mixed up with Joe Gallo.

Hi SC, not sure if u still require the source or not, since there was some confusion on your part between Piney & Gallo

The incident I'm referring to when Sammy & Frank spoke to Piney (regarding Gallo) was in Sammy's book.

Last edited by Tonytough; 10/13/15 04:21 AM.