Originally Posted By: XDCX
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
I'm NOT in LA but ALL California does this (at least SoCal):

A car is broken down on the freeway pulled over off the street, out of the way. The freeway, going BOTH ways (even if it's a divided freeway with a cement divider)comes to a halt. I swear to God. We call them looky-loos. lol You literally can crawl for an hour or more than suddenly, you pass the car to side of the road, and traffic flows again. That is so annoying. mad

TIS

I work in Irvine, and the other day I was driving home on the 55-N, and at 8:30 in the morning, there is very little northbound traffic on the 55. Yet as soon as I transitioned from the 405 to the 55, it was gridlocked, bumper to bumper. So I'm thinking to myself "Hm...must be an accident." Sure enough, about 2 or 3 miles down, I see an ambulance and a couple CHP's pulled onto the median, with a wrecked motorcycle being loaded onto the cab of a truck. Now I don't know any other details about the accident, or if the driver was okay, but I do know this: NO lanes were blocked because of the accident, everything that was going on was INSIDE THE MEDIAN! And yet traffic was backed up for 3 miles. Why? Because of those goddamn lookie-loos!

As soon as we passed the crash site, the freeway was empty!

Oh yeah, the looky-loos can drive you up the wall. Seems like there'a always an accident near the Magnolia offramp, Goldenwest gets its share, and near where the 405 turns into the 5 just past Irvine. Compare that with driving in Chicago or the East Coast. You could be bleeding on the side of the road and they keep on racing by.