Hi Bellette. To read this little gem, I went out and got me a cup of coffee so I could sit down and enjoy it while I took it all in.

Apparently the little Morrellos did try to pass the money off on an official source. They tried to pass one of their horrible renditions of a US note at the Iron National Bank in Morristown, N.J.. Apparently, that move is what tripped them up.

I guess the gist of the article is that when they tried to pass their crayola crayon colored monopoly money off on the officials at that bank, that's when the Secret Service got involved. Counterfeiting is under the domain of the Secret Service.

The National Iron Bank of Morristown NJ was printing different types of US currency back in a time when "National Bank Notes" were being used. These are different from what we call a "US Dollar" today. I guess Guiseppe and Co. thought that a bank that dealt with different types of US currencies could be fooled. But from what I understand, not even the ink and printing quality of the Morello counterfeit money was any good.

The article is a good read. It's funny at times, and also surprising at others. It goes a little further beyond whatever we might have picked up from most mafia books mentioning the Morellos.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."