Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
How about Joquin GArcia saying the Gambinos had 26 crews? How does that work? How many soldiers you think that would equate to?

26 crews seems like a bit of a stretch. During Gotti's reign there were 21 crews. Later, during the 1990s, the family was down to 10 or 12 fully functioning crews at one point. While I believe they have more than that now, 26 seems high. As I said above, 200 total members is the estimate.

Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
I think you can see why I try to read as much as possible, but kinda draw my own conclusions a little bit, like everyone respects the five families book, so is the guy a hack? Probably not, just a mistake I guess, but he's supposed to know right? Lol

Not at all. Raab is one of the best mob journalists out there, right up there with Capeci, Anastasia and Robbins. But his figures have always been on the big side. You'll notice in chapter 28 of the book, which is after the Commission case in the mid 1980s, he has the Gambinos at 400 members. In one 1995 article he said the family had gone from 400 to 200 members in the last 5 years. Not sure how that's even possible. In the book and article, he had the Genovese family at 300 members which also seems inflated for that time.

i dont jack said that the feds had 23 capos in there wcharts that was 2004 and that he informed the feds about three capos they did not even know existed

the feds did not even have louie fillpeni as anything to do with the mob (even though he was a made guy who reported directly to arnold) alphonse as a low level soldier but jack said the investigation said he was a capo not a soldier. They did not even know alphonse crew existed

i think jack falcone will know how many capos there are seeing as he was in the gambino family for two years he said at the beginning of the investigation he arguared constantly with the higher ups in the feds because the feds kept saying its not on pur chart it cant be real

the feds did not even have jo jo corezzo as consgleire and arnold as boss and tony megale as underboss

embarrassing really

jack will know better than any of us. That 12 full functioning crews was an exaggeration by rabb and the feds looking for there headlines

the FBI did not seem to realize that the guys who got arrested were replaced the feds started to believe there own headlines

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion