Yes that is a heavy claim, but I gave the wrong info. They are suspected in both Renda brothers disappearances. Supposedly the Musitanos and Rendas were having trouble, mainly with Giuseppe Renda's gambling rackets and not sharing them with the Musitanos. Once Nick Jr was killed they took advantage of the turmoil. Frank is incarcerated and the Rendas were the only conduits for them to reach. Vito meet with Angelo who denied any involvement with the brothers disappearances. This is the rumor, and Rizzuto did backup the Musitanos hit on Johnny Pops, but to be fair, the Buffalo family was having their own troubles from the fallout of the Blitzstein hit in Las Vegas, due to the pressure from both law enforcement, Chicago, Detroit, and New York (Colombo, Lucchese and Genovese families), to where Buffalo really did not have a pot to piss in. Montagna was visiting the Violis, and it was most likely one of them that sent the shooter on the Nick Rizzuto Sr hit, but also it seems that Salvatore also had Giuseppe Renda on his side in the coup.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green