Originally Posted By: TonyG
Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari
They have been quiet, with the exception of Angelo seen talking to Vito Rizzuto at a cafe in Toronto, other than that not a peep till Pats garage fire, but the Musitanos are suspected for part of the turmoil in Montreal.

What role in Montreal turmoil is thought to be attributed to the Musitano's? I ask out of curiosity. I have followed "Montreal war" only casually.

Also, can you give background on Musitano's historical OC activties? I thought they were Ndran, rather than Sicilian / LCN. My understanding is Toronto is more Ndran than Sicilian / LCN.

There are several N'drangheta clans in Ontario but they aren't all under a united banner. There's the Siderno Group (7 different clans, all with a different boss comprise this 'family') which operates largely out of the Greater Toronto Area and then there's families like the Musitanos in Hamilton who are more or less independent.

The Siderno Group is international, having ties back to Italy and some Australian cities. They are somewhat similar to Rizzutos in that their organization relies heavily on blood relations/marriage and maintains ties to foreign nations.

The Musitanos are more like a small American family who are far removed from their Italian roots. They're (were at one time) the Canadian extension of the Buffalo mob, but, I'd doubt that remains true nowadays. I don't know that it'd really be fair to label the musitanos as being N'drang/Camorra/Sicilian, either. Their ethnic roots are in N'Drang regions of Italy... But like I said, they seem far removed from said roots.

All of these groups depend on heroin coming in from Montreal. That's the primary money maker up here (it seems to me, anyway) so when groups from Ontario get involved in Montreal, it's because everyone has a stake in the ports and the drug pipeline (the trans-Canada highway).

Last edited by slumpy; 09/25/15 01:34 PM.