Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
Fair enough on the tieri thing, I will say this about the gambling, one of my friends just bet a ton this weekend on some site online based in Europe somewhere,..
But I have no idea how a sophisticated shy op works today with the online betting,
And Ivey, you are too smart a guy for us to keep getting into these little spiffs, it's silly, we all got a morbid fascination here lol

You're talking about something different. There are the types of gambling websites where you need a credit or debit card to make deposits. And you gamble with the money deposited and winnings or losses are credited to or taken out of your account. There's no loans involved by these legit companies. They already have your money so they don't need to worry about you paying up if you lose.

The sites the mob uses are ones that both the player and his bookie can access. The player can register his bet, and how much, online or over the phone to an offshore website or phone number. The bookie can then look to see if the player won or lost and how much money is owed. There's no online deposits. The actual paying or collecting is all done in person. The sites are simply used so the bettors can easily place their bets and the bookie isn't dependant on the old fashioned wire room that is more easily tracked down and busted by the cops. Because the mob takes bets on credit, that's where loansharking comes in.

Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
Assume, they had the biggest loan sharks, see the problem here?
Assuming, I gave you a link that said Forlano was the biggest shark in ny, and he's from the smallest family, but you don't want to see it.
You don't want to see the stein connection, like I actually gave YOU the evidence of funzi being a big shark by illustrating the stein connection, you just keep saying hes in NY and the genovese are the biggest, like that's an explanation. Lol
But the MArcello thing, man Ivey, what the fuck do you think little Appalachin was for???
Like you tell me, why a sit down with all these bosses to decide on who rules NO?
Didn't the guy control the gulf of MExico, lots of narcotics smuggling, or do you think no he's a slave to New York?
So RFK went to all that trouble for a small operator? Really? Please...

First, I think I've asked this before but have you ever been diagnosed with ADD?

Second, I'm not ignoring the Tieri/Stein connection. I just don't know why you seem to think Tieri's inteterests were wholly containef in Stein's operation. At least that's what you seemed to be saying.

Third, while you choose to explain it away, the NYPD said Tieri was the biggest. Considering Tieri was known to be a big earner, with extensive gambling and loansharking operations in and outside NY, in the richest family known for having the biggest operations of that kind, it seems reasonable to me that Tieri was probably the biggest. But, hey, that's me.

Fourth, nobody said Marcello wasn't wealthy or had clout in his own right. But you claiming he was the top boss on the country is absurd. And, relatively speaking, he was a small operator compared to any of the NY families. He always intentionally kept his crime family membership small (built around his blood family).

Last edited by IvyLeague; 09/21/15 09:34 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.