Originally Posted By: Toodoped
Ivy i have much respect for your posts and opinions and im saying this because i dont want you to feel that im taking part in some dick measuring contest. I know that you have quite a knowledge for the Outfit and i believe that you are aware about their past operations in Chicago and around the midwest. The juice racket was one of their prime rackets and belive me they were national. Im not talking about some part of the organization but im talking about as a whole. They even offered services of fixing court cases for a price. Im sure that you heard about the story when crooked cops used to drop off people that they arrested over to DeStefano so they could get some of the bribe money. Also as Cabrini pointed out, Buccieri was giving out loan officer cards. The Outfit's juice operations in Chicago were reduced during the mid 1970's because of some juice operation cases that occured during that period. So they transferred their racket mainly to Vegas and other cities. But during the late 1980's Lenny Patrick was still making quite good cash ammounts for Carlisi from the juice racket in the Chicago area.

Im not saying that Funzi wasnt maybe one of the greatest loan sharks in the country but i want you to understand that the juice racket was one of the prime operations for the Outfit in the past and there's no other way that an organization like the Outfit would've survived for so long if they werent national. Anyway i think that the NYPD were the ones that stated Tieri was the biggest loan shark in the country and that was said when he was under indictment. So we all know that the cops always say things like that so their "victim" can look even scarier in the eyes of the public.

@alexandarns thanks for the regards and i really appreciate your opinions and support

of all the books about the outfit, gus Russo's is one of the best, he mentions that destefano had over 1.5 mill on the street, that was the biggest shark in Chicago

along with all the other juicers in Chicago, indeed the outfit, and their sharking was world wide, comparable to anyone.

keepup the good work toodoped, you're the best on this site.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"