Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
This: There are like what 1000 made guys and let's say 5000 associates? These guys are all going to be canibilizing the same markets, this is why gangsters go out of state.
It's like New YOrk drug dealers that cop in ny cause the price is cheap and there are suppliers, but move it outta town, and make more than a dealer that stays local.

It would be naive to assume the ny dealer makes more JUST cause he's in ny.
Like if you said Tieri had 20 million on the street, that's why he was the biggest, but you just say he was the biggest in ny, and that came from nypd right? But that's a NEw York perspective...
That guy I mentioned, I think ruby stein, I think in murder machine he was killed by the Westies, I think he handled big time book for like multiple families, Colombo, genovese, I might be confusing him though, don't have the book in front of me.
If I'm not mistaken castellano and funzi had a sit down over it. In fact I read the westies kept the book, and started to pick up the loans. This is what I mean, the competition in ny is fierce, it's not taken into consideration a lot I think...
i actually do think the biggest sharks were like from the 50s and whatnot, they had a lot more liquid capital sitting around....

People (usually posters from other cities) often say that the NY families were/are always fighting over the same pie but what they don't seem to realize is the size of that pie. Aside from Chicago, everywhere else Tooped listed was a relative cow town compared to NY. The kind of money a guy like Tieri would be handling, individually or in his family, would typically dwarf that of just about anyone else outside NY. But believe what you want.

By the way, nobody said Tieri was the top loanshark just because he was head of the family. You cant put too much stock in that Forbes list for several reasons. And Tieri inherited one of the crews that stemmed from Mike Miranda and Vito Genovese before him. He controlled huge gambling and loansharking operations throughout New York City, extending to New Jersey and even Florida, Las Vegas, and California.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 09/19/15 03:18 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.