Originally Posted By: Footreads
Benny here my daughter the communist got two awards one from the Swedish and Germany consultes in college.

She spent three months in Sweden in a villa there. She was supposed to study Swedish language and culture. She gets there they all speak English. They don't want to speak Swedish with an American just English.
In a villa next to her they have a big party she is invited. Some team wins the Stanley cup in 2011. One of the skaters on the team is from Sweden. Each player can take the Stanley cup with them to their home country for a period of the time. The Swedish player took his to that villa party. You know what he did to it? He pissed in it. I think they think their shit don't stink.

They like going to the worst places here to prove their better then everyone here. I know they like to visit bad areas here to prove it to them selves.

Not that I really give a sh-t what you think of Sweden, but you got it all wrong and therefore I must correct you. Here are som facts about Sweden/Europe:

1. I speak lousy Italian and by lousy Im mean probably better than what any american girl whos been staying in Swedish for 3 months speaks Swedish. Still few Italians ever wants to continue the conversation in italian when I say "Una birra chiara media per favore" or whatever might come out of my mouth when Im in Italy.

They hear Im not native and to speed things up they turn to English. Its exactly the same in Sweden.

2. Swedish youth (and by youth I mean under 40 y) is totally absored with american culture. Everyone follows the latest series from HBO and of course any new film Hollywood might have produced lately. Everyone wants to speak English. We've got 17 year old girls who spent 6 months in London as babysitters coming back talking with fake brittish accents. Others go to NYC and wind up as bloggers describing their lifes as something out of "Sex and the City" or "Gossip Girl".

3. (And this is about the part when the Swedish player apperently pissed in the NHL Trophy). We drink a lot in Sweden. You should come here in Midsummer, the whole country is wasted. If he pissed in the trophy its because he was wasted not becuause he wanted to make any kind of political statement.

Now, stop trashing this thread. You wont get any more answerers from me so get lost.