Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
Pizzaboy (don't remember if I asked this before), among the American born people of Italian origins, do they still learn to speak Italian or Sicilian dialect etc for the most part or do they only learn English from their parents? You for example, do you speak Italian easily or with effort?

My grandparents were born in Italy, not my parents. But I grew up in Belmont, with my grandparents in the same building for some years, so I learned to speak their dialect as a kid. And I spent eighteen months in Lauropoli, Cosenza, Calabria as an adult, so I'm a little different. Most second generation people born here can't speak a sentence.

Italians took great pride in learning the American language years ago. All four of my grandparents arrived here as ADULTS, and they all spoke passable English by the time they all passed away. Nothing like the "new" immigrants, who refuse to adapt. Yet the fucking Liberals bow down to their demands, even the ones who hate us. You know, like some Middle Easterners. I said it. It's the fucking truth.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.