Originally Posted By: mackinblack007
do you think Gas would have ratied if he wasn't shelved?

Well, as of late, Capeci and his followers believe that Vic was never shelved. I do not. I firmly believe that Stevie's the boss, and has been the de facto boss for years (prior to his going to prison, then after the panel days through today). But that's for another thread. All that debate does is set off arguments between guys who read and guys who've seen. And I don't want to do that. But to finally answer your question, no, I do not believe that Vic would have ever ratted.

Originally Posted By: mackinblack007
And It makesvic look stupid to shelf Gas way too late.

They were both on the run and done for when they were caught. D'Arco and Chiodo had the goods to put them both away for life. It wouldn't have made a difference. And if they somehow avoided prison, the Westside was firmly in the Bronx/Harlem Lucchese camp, with the full backing of The Chin himself. They would have been shot down like the dogs that they are. But personally, I think thirty or so years in a cage is a worse fate than death.

And to clarify, I don't include the term "dog" for Amuso because he obviously stood up. I call him a dog because he was in with Casso on the murder of Mikey Salerno (and LIED about him being a rat), and the planned murder of Stevie. So it's a little bit personal for me. That's all I'm saying.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.