You know what the funny thing is? I don't think it was that simple; See when Hoover, when they did those bugged badges, and took down all those guys, and shipped Hoover off to supermax, we got conflicting reports from the street.
I think the gdhierarchy in jail floated the message that the hit came from Hoover; But in actuality I think chuck was hit to cut off Hoover from any connection to the street, so the faction still in like state prison led by Head ( co- chairman) could hold on to control.
It's like because it was the first time In The gangs history it was really separated from its leader, there was a real identity crisis I think. It's like the nation all of a sudden with no Elijah Muhammad.
I say this because I used to have court documents, from the trial of two hit men who were dispatched to kill the guys in the street who most likely set up the hit, one lived and talked;
In the documents it said, very explicitly that Hoover appointed Chuck to run the city, and was pissed when he was hit.
And the thing is, we got confirmation of this, from another source in the street, YEARS before those documents came out.
My aunt used to live in IDa B Wells projects, and the Regent over there back then, Bucky? Or something, basically said the same thing, that there was going to be some shit behind chucks death, he also said after chuck Cabrini was like , excommunicated from the gd hierarchy
See I had a talk with Chucks brother, he told me around the time of like late 95, they sent a guy, milkman, with a "title" assistant board member, trying to give chuck orders, acting like they came from Hoover.
But chuck was communicating through hovers girl see, he had a direct line to him, it's like the factions had started already...
My cousin, Chucks brother said chuck told the guy, " I'm the only board member in the streets, I come from Larry, basically who the fuck are you to give me any type of order?"
He told me Chuck had GDS from all over, west side, south side, bringing the mob money back to Cabrini. So you have a gang run from jail, with traditional power base on the south side, to a gang run from the street with power base in Downtown, see the change?
My cousin told me a time, a little before he died, that chuck called a "staff meeting"
He was planning to take out some crew from 35th or something, said he was going to call them to a meeting, then they would come out with ski mask and bat them to death, seriously
Like chuck was crazy, he was a lot like Marlo on that show the wire, utterly power crazed,
This is a guy who forced people to buy DUMMMY bags of drugs at gunpoint lol...