Originally Posted By: Lilange
Chauncey's Haven't been in ages hate to break it to you pizza long beach is even getting invaded by hipster. Specialty coffee houses were no drinks any coffee just plays on iPads and b/s still a great little town hopefully the surf culture can hold them off.

Well, Chauncey's is long gone. Condos. But you just ruined my night.

The best part of Long Beach for young people back then was around West Beech Street because it was reasonably priced for young people. Tons of dive bars. There are still a ton of those little cottages that get rented every summer. My friends and I were paying like $1500 for the summer back in the late '70s, and they're literally shacks. I can't imagine what they go for today.

It's funny because I just mentioned the other day that when Elvis died I was out in Long Beach with my friends. We were in one of those rentals for the whole summer, right off West Beech. I had just graduated high school. 1977. We were stunned when it came over the radio, and very, very drunk lol.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.