Originally Posted By: Belmont
Great point PB regarding the old NYC hoods.
I thought the book was pretty good and for the most part truthful. Of course D'Arco forgot to include the part where he skimmed money from vic and casso while they took a powder.lol
The way he tells the story, you can almost feel his paranoia at the end.
I really think vic and casso felt taken advantage of by D'Arco while they were on the run. I dont think them wanting to kill D'Arco had anything to do about not doing a hit. It was about money.
PB can correct me if im off base here.

No, Belmont. That's about right. One more tidbit I'll throw in is his constant mentioning of Jimmy Ida. Jimmy and Joey Ida wouldn't look at D'Arco BEFORE the rat rumors started to spread. Yet D'Arco would have you believe they were pals.

He "revealed" that Little Jimmy ate lunch at La Mela every day. Big fucking deal. Anyone who knew the guy could tell you that he loved that place. And he PAID. Not like some of the scumbags who expect everything on the arm. And incidentally, D'Arco was one of those scumbags. Always bullying waiters and bartenders in the unconnected restaurants down there and walking out on checks.

Not to mention bringing a junkie son into the life. The guy is human garbage. But fuck Casso and Amuso, too lol.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.